Turo is a car sharing platform where travellers rent any car of their choice from local car owners. The service is available in UK, US and Canada. It was formerly named Relay Rides. It allows car owners to rent their vehicles online. The company headquarters is based in San Francisco. It was founded in 2009 by Shelby Clark in Boston, Massachusetts.
Turo offers more than 800 vehicle models in its Android and iOS mobile application. Owners offer their cars including delivery in more than 2,500 cities and 300 airports across the U.S., Canada, and U.K. Unlike traditional car rental near me, Turo neither owns the vehicles it offers nor maintains them. Rather it offers a platform for car owners and renters to connect. This results in low cost renting programs.
People who wish to rent their cars can register on turo so that they can be available to the interested people. The car owner states the time and place where the car will be available and any traveller wishing to rent a car reserves a specific time slot for the car online and pays for the amount of time mutually decided. Owners can set their own prices or use Turo’s dynamic pricing suggestions. The company gets 25% of the sum of money decided upon. The travellers pay around 35 percent less on average than any other traditional rental company.
- Sign up on Turo using your Facebook account or email. Your identity and eligibility will be confirmed for delivery.
- Enter your travel dates and location; choose a prefect car for your trip from an unique collection of vehicles.
- Book the car and the owner will confirm or decline your request in a few hours.
- Meet the owner, check the car, show your driving licence and you can have the keys.
- Take cars on rent directly from the owners and pay up to 30% less than traditional car trade methods.
- Get the car delivered to your desired location.
- At the end of the trip replace the fuel used and return the car to the owner.
Cars not in use?
- Register and describe your car. Upload a few pictures and you are ready to go.
- You will get notified when someone is interested in booking your car. Respond to the requests by confirming or declining them and in case of queries you can also contact the renters.
- Rent it out and earn extra bucks without any efforts.
- Insurance for every time you rent your vehicle.
- Meet the interested renter, check their license, walk around the car, and check the fuel and mileage.
- Help travellers explore your city.
- After the rental period is over, pick up your car, inspect it and do leave reviews for the renter.
Trust and safety
Turo car rental is a safe and supportive community. Your car is provided with $1 million in liability insurance, and is also covered against theft and physical damage. Every car that is rented through Turo is tracked so one can confidently hand over their car keys. For renters there are many safety insurance packages provided by the company. Each car has to pass the safety standards set by them. 24*7 roadside assistance is also provided to the travellers.
Turo Facebook: facebook.com/Turo
Turo Twitter: twitter.com/turo
Turo Instagram: instagram.com/turo
Turo Pinterest: pinterest.com/Turo
Turo Customer Support:
Damage claims: Text “Hi” to (415) 801-0897*
Account Related Questions: Text (518) 638-0728*