Get Passport in 7 Days- Tatkal Passport services
The days gone when applying for a passport meant multiple visits to the regional passport office. Return back to home disappointed because the officer there discovered faults with your field application. Passport procurement for clients proved as lucrative business for middlemen who promised to receive your application and get it approved for you at a fee. In line with the newest guidelines laid down by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), you can now just feel nostalgic about the past times!
What are the Records you want to keep prepared in hand?
Only four records are required to process your application quickly:
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID – Electors Photo Identity Card
- PAN Card
- Affidavit of no criminal case which should contain family details and citizenship
Affidavit of no criminal situation readily obtained. This document basically declares the names of your parents and that you are a citizen of India with no criminal case pending in courts below your name or criminal background in the past five decades. After the details are filled up, get it attested from a notary and voila! The affidavit prepared and ready for use.
Now that you have the documents in hand, how do you apply for a passport to have it issued fast?
It’s really easy,
- Go to the Passport India Site, https://www.passportindia.gov.in
- Fill the necessary forms carefully
- Pay the fee online
- Pick the Tatkal Application and for this, you would have to pay an extra charge of Rs 2000 in addition to that paid for the Regular Passport Application, totaling to Rs 3500.
- After payment, opt for an appointment with your nearest Passport Seva Kendra in the list of dates depending on your convenience.
- Print out the receipt of this appointment, to be produced at the Passport Seva Kendra.
The above steps are also applicable in the Event of Passport Re-issue & would cost you Rs 4000.
So what’s Tatkal Passport Application and why you need to prefer it over the Regular application?
Tatkal Passport Program is a fast track scheme for quick issue or re-issue of Passport. The MEA’s brand new passport application rules now allow applicants to book an appointment at their convenience on any given date of choice from one of the first five working days of the selected Passport Seva Kendra. After Police verification the issuance of the passport process starts (known as Post Verification), thus avoiding delays this way. The status of your application intimated to you through SMS on the provided phone number and you’d be able to keep track of the Passport procedure. No difference in the passport obtained by Tatkal method and Normal method.
Generally procuring a passport is rather a lengthy procedure. Individuals will first have to avail the program from Passport Seva Kendra offices or on their website of the Passport Seva Kendra, fill it and submit with required documentation. The applicant then called for a meeting where their documents will be verified. Police verification also be completed and following the completion of all processes involved, applicants will get their Passport by post. However, there are a few modifications made in this procedure by the External Affairs Ministry.
The Procedure to secure Passport quickly is as follows –
- Individuals will have to secure or download the application form to get a Passport from some of those Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) centers or the official website. The form fully filled in.
- The applicant will need to book an appointment for passport application interview with the nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
- Four files required to procure a Passport at the earliest and these documents are: the Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID along with an affidavit of no criminal case.
- The filled in application form along with the files need to submit.
- Once the officer in charge has confirmed the documents and has accepted them, applicants will receive their Passport. A police confirmation conducted at a later date. This is the Post-Verification part.
The above-mentioned services are possible due to a program called the ‘Passport Police App’ allowing quick submission of police confirmation. In the time past, due to a delay in the police confirmation process, individuals would receive their Passport only after a few weeks. This app ensures Police Verification Reports of this individual are directly fed into the system resulting in paperless work as well.
By following the above steps, applicants can have the ability to get their Passport in the earliest without needing to wait around for a longer period than necessary.
If an application filed with copies of the Aadhar card, voter ID and PAN card, and an affidavit (Annexure 1) of no criminal case which includes family information and citizenship.
Prior authorities verification cause a lengthy delay acquiring the passport. The new process skips the procedure until the passport issued, provided the filed documents are validated.
In summary, here is how can get a fresh passport issued in a jiffy
- Book an appointment at your convenient date in the first five working days for your chosen Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- Carry validated documents including Aadhar card, voter ID and PAN card, and an affidavit of no criminal case.
- Submit the passport application with the said files.
- Get your own passport after accepted by the awarding officer.
- The police confirmation procedure will now be completed after the applicant gets the passport.
These services launched with a program called ‘Passport Police App’ for rapid entry of Police Verification (PV). The program would ensure field level officers are able to key in the Police Verification report directly into the system, consequently, ensuring paperless work and reducing the confirmation process cycle to 21 days.
Thus, get up and make the move to make your dream foreign trip a reality! At least ‘no passport’ should not be an excuse any longer.
Similar Related Topics: