Atal Bihari Vajpayee Biography – Latest News, Family and Life Story
Atal Bihari was an Indian Politician and also former Prime minister of India. first 13 days worked as a PM in 1996 and resigned later be became Prime Minister of India from 1998 to 2004. He is the Leader of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). after the National Congress of India, Atal Jee is the only person to serve as a PM for five years term. As of 16 August 2018, Atal Bihari is the oldest living former of Indian Prime minister’s.
Atal Vajpayee Biography
Image Source: stackpathdns.com
|Full Name||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Nick Name||Atal Jee|
|Father’s Name||Krishna Bihari Vajpai ( School Master and Poet)|
|Mother’s Name||Krishna Devi|
|Date of Birth||25-Dec-24|
|16 August 2018|
|Vajpayee Age||95 years.|
|Born Place||Gwalior, British India|
|Indian Party Name||BJP – Bharathiya Janatha Party|
|School Name||Govt. Higher Secondary School, Gorkhi, Gwalior|
|College Name||Victoria College (Gwalior), Dayanand Anglo Vedic College (Kanpur), India.|
|Educational Details||Graduation in Victoria College, M.A. in Political Science from Anglo-Vedic College.|
|Vajpayee Hobbies||Cooking, Poetry, Listen to Indian Music, Travel, Reading books.|
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Jee Political Journey
- Vajpayee started his political career in the Quit India Movement on August 1994. Atal Jee and his brother arrested during this movement for 23 days.
- The RSS was banned in 1948 for the supporting assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. In the year 1951, he joined in RSS with Deendayal Upadhyaya to work for the formation of BJP Party. Present PM Narendra Modi also a member of the RSS.
Image Source: starsunfolded.com
- Later He was appointed as National Secretary of the BJP from the northern region. In 1957, he elected from Mathura for the Loksabha elections but he lost against Raja Mahendra Pratap. Later he was selected for the first time to Lok Sabha from Balrampur, Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1968, BJP started a Union called Jana Sangh and announced him as National President of that Union and worked with L. K. Advani, Nanaji Deshmukh, and other leaders. Those all are helped to lead the Jana Sangh in national prominence.
- During the time of Internal Emergency imposed by the PM Indira Gandhi, along with Vajpai arrested few leaders in 1975-1977.
More about Vajpai
- After few days, Vajpayee became the Minister of External Affairs in Morarji’s cabinet.
- In 1980, Bihari and his colleagues formed BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) and became the first National President of the Party in India.
Image Source: starsunfolded.com
- In 1996 general elections, BJP won the Majority votes in Lok Sabha and Vajpayee became 10 PM in the list of Prime Ministers of India. To obtain the majority from other parties members BJP has failed to gather, for that after 13 days he resigned for the reason.
- From 1996 to 1988, the two united governments are falling down and Lok sabha tries to arrange the fresh elections. In the 1988 Elections BJP won and political parties joined with Bharatiya Janata Party to form NDA (National Democratic Alliance).
Nuclear Weapons Test in India:
Image Source: indiatoday.in
In 1974, first nuclear bomb test conducted by India and named it as Smiling Buddha. Later in Pokhran desert Rajasthan State, five Underground nuclear weapons test conducted by India in 1998 and it named as Pokhran-II. Prime Minister of India Atal Vajpayee and APJ Abdul Kalam are the main persons to lead the nuclear test in India. The Nuclear test used for Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Interesting and Unknown Facts of Vajpayee Jee:
Atal Bihari Vajpayee does Smoke? – Yes
Vajpayee born on Christmas Day
Vajpayee Drink alcohol? – Yes
In DAV College, he awarded for 1st class in Post Graduate Degree in Political Science.
Vajpayee is the first person to address United Nations in Hindi.
While studying Law, he shared his room with his Father in Kanpur.
Vajpayee Favourite Destination Place is Kulu Manali.
Vajpayee’s Favourite leader is Mahatma Gandhi.