About Nitish Kumar
Nitish Kumar is a politician of India who is a Bihar Chief Minister, from 2005-2014 he worked as Bihar Chief Minister and also from 2015-2017 worked as Bihar Chief Minister. Previously he worked as an Indian Union Government Minister.
Image Source: stz.india.com
Nitish Kumar History:
Nitish Kumar was born on 1st Mar of 1951 to the beloved couple named Parmeshwari Devi and Kabiraj Ram Lakhan Singh (Freedom Fighter). His father was an an Ayurvedic Vaidyaraj and was very close to one of the establisher of renovated Bihar. Nitish Kumar was born in Harnaut, district of Nalanda, Bihar in a family of Kurmi.
Nitish Kumar Education:
Nitish Kumar was graduated from Bihar College of Engineering (Currently called as NIT-National Institute of Technology Patna) in the specialization of Mechanical Engineering and subsequently, with no interest he joined in Board of Electricity in the Bihar and then started his political career.
Image Source: www.nitp.ac.in
Nitish Kumar Family:
Nitish Kumar got marriage on 22nd Feb of 1973 with Manju Kumari Sinha (A Teacher), they are blessed with one and only son named as Nishant who was born on 20th July of 1975. He was a graduate from BIT-Mesra of Engineering and his nickname was Munna. Nitish Kumar wife was died in 2007 at the young age of 53.
Nitish Kumar Political Career:
Nitish Kumar was started his Political Career with the political party of “Janata Dal”. He belongs to Politicians democratic class, under the guardianship of Ram Manohar Lohia, Jayaprkash Narayan, S. N. Sinha (Satyendra Narayan Sinha ), V. P. Singh (Vishwanath Pratap Singh) and also under Karpuri Thakur. At the period of Jayaprkash Narayan i.e., from 1974 to 1977 he participated in politics and became very close to Satyendra Narayan Sinha.
Image Source: indiagossip.in
- In 1985 to 1989, Nitish Kumar was elected to the Bihar State Legislative Assembly.
- Then he served as a general secretary for the Janata Dal Political party in 1989.
- In the same year he elected to ninth Lok Sabha Assembly as House Committee Member from 1989 to 16th July 1990.
- In April 1990, he served as Bihar State Union Minister for the Agriculture and Co-operation Department to Nov 1990.
- Again he re-elected to the Tenth Lok Sabha Assembly in the year 1991.
- From 1991 to 1993 he served as general secretary for the Janata Dal Political party and as a Janata Dal Deputy Leader in Parliament.
- He became a Minister to the Agricultural Committee Department in the year 8th April of 1993 and served up to 10th May of 1996.
- From 1998-2004, he served as Raliway, Surface Transport and Agricultural Minister at the period of A.B Vajpayee (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) in the NDA (National Defence Academy) Department.
- Nitish Kumar was became 31st Chief Minister of the Bihar State in the year Nov of 2005 with the association of BJP (Bharat Janata Party).
- When Narendra Modi was became an India’s Prime Minister Nitish Kumar was breaked his friendly association with the BJP (Bharat Janata Party).
- He served as Bihar’s 31st (24th Nov 2005 to 24th Nov 2010) , 32nd(26th Nov 2010 to 17th May 2014), 34th(22nd Feb 2015 to 19th Nov 2015), 35th(20th Nov 2015 to 26th July 2017), and 36th (27th July 2017 to Current), (27th July 2017 to Current) Chief Minister.
Image Source: im.rediff.com
Nitish Kumar Achievements and Recognitions:
- In 2017, for implementing complete liquor prohibition in Bihar State Nitish Kumar was hounered with Anuvrat Puraskar by Shwetambar Terapanthi Mahasabha (Jain Organization)
- In 2009, He recognized as “Indian of the Year” as a politician according to NDTV
- In 2010, He recognized as “India’s Person of the Year” according to Forbes.
- And also in the same year, he recognized as “Indian of the Year” according to CNN-IBN.
- In the National Poll at the year 2017, he recognized as Best Chief Minister according to CNN-IBN and Hindustan Times.
- And he got honored and recognized by many.
Nitish Kumar Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NitishKumarJDU
Nitish Kumar Twitter: https://twitter.com/nitishkumar