About Singareni Collieries Coal Mines
The Singareni Collieries Coal Mines are the largest coal mines in Telangana, South India. It is also known as the black diamond of India. In 1920, the SCCL Mines are constituted formally as the Singareni Collieries Company Limited is an undertaking of public owned by Union and State Government.
At present, it has 15 open casts and 35 mines underground in four Telangana districts with the following: Adilabad, Karimnagar, Khammam and Warangal which have extracted over 1085 under Telangana Mines and Geology Department.40 million coal tonnes in the year 2012-13. This extraction has solely done from the Telangana’s Godavari Valley coalfield which the one and only coal store in the whole South India.
Origin of the Singareni Collieries Company Limited
The origin of Singareni Coal Mine can track down to 1871 with the discovery of coal by Dr King of India Geological Survey near Yellandu village in Khammam district. This led in order to the procurement of mining rights in 1886 by Hyderabad (Deccan) Co. Ltd to examine and investigate the coal repositories in the area under the Ministry of Mines. Later, on 23rd Dec 1920, under the support of Hyderabad Companies Act, the Singareni Collieries Company Limited, came into shape as a public limited company.
Once the structuring took place, the company was dealing with its primary function of exploring coal deposits in the Valley. The survey results of GSI (Geological Survey of India); Singareni Coal Fields approximately stores 22207 million tonnes of coal reserves. This drawn estimation was based on a record that it has the depth of 1200m.
In the year 1945, Singareni Company Management first passed into Hyderabad Construction Co., Ltd. Hands. In the year 1949, it has transferred in order to Industrial Trust Fund. Ultimately in the year 1956, the SCCL coal mines destiny has reshaped by the Companies Act,Helped in evolving as a Government-owned organization.
In the following year 1960, the government of India participated in the company equities. SCCL Mines has jointly owned by the Union government as well as state government. In the year following 1974, the Indian government shared its duties to the Coal Mines Authority Limited. Later in the year 1977, the four-party agreement or quadripartite was signed between the government of State, SCCL Mines, Indian Government and Coal India Ltd. In order to decide on SCCL Mines expansion plans.
The tripartite agreements are signed between Singareni, Government of State and the Indian Government in order to discuss financial assistance and other assistance which helps in its growth. These agreements have agreed and signed on different following dates on 31st Mar 1985, 10th Feb 1989, 24th Sep 1994, 11th Jan 2002, 19th Oct 2004 and 11th June 2010.
Awards received by SCCL Mines
The following are the Awards Received by SCCL Mines:
- In 2001-02, the Best Management Award has conferred by the Government of State.
- In following 2005, the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award from New Delhi’s World Environment Foundation.
- On following 5th June 2007, the Indira Gandhi Vriksha Mitra Award at New Delhi for excellent contributions done in waste ground development and afforestation.
- In following 2005-06, the Environmental Excellence Award from Green Tech Foundation.
- Under Corporate Excellence Category, the Infraline Energy Excellence Award 2007.
- In following 2007, the Black Diamond Award at New Delhi for the development of Coal Sector.
With this extraordinary history, it decides in order to set up a 1200 MW power plant by 2014 April at Jaipur in Adilabad district and its cost was estimated to 6000 crores.
Important Villages and Towns of Singareni Collieries Coal Basin
Important Details of Singareni Collieries Company Limited
- SCCL Mines Official Website: www.scclmines.com
- Singareni Samacharam: https://scclmines.com/scclnew/company_Singareni_samacharam.asp
- SCCL Mines Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SingareniCMD
- Singareni Contact Numbers: 08744 242301, 08744 242304
- Singareni Collieries Coal Mines Head Office: The Singareni Collieries Company Ltd. Kothagudem Collieries Bhadradri Kothagudem Dist, Telangana State PIN: 507 101
- SCCL Mines Contact Details: https://scclmines.com/scclnew/contact-us.asp