BHIM Payment App:
BHIM Aadhaar is a payment app for merchants newly launched by Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India. It is the most awaited app will soon be available to download and install from Google Play Store and accepts digital payments which can be used by Merchants. This App is basically the merchant interface of Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) app.
Introduction of BHIM Aadhaar Pay App:
This app will help the merchants to accept payments digitally from their customers without the need of any e-wallet or PoS machine. This App authorises the customer’s payments using the persons fingerprint. The payments from the customers are directly transferred from the bank saving account of customer to the current account of the merchant.
BHIM Aadhaar App is supposed to change the whole payment system in India. To make payments using this app, customers need not require downloading any app or even there is no requirement of a mobile phone. The transactions of the customers would be authorised using the fingerprint of the customers which is saved in the database of Aadhaar.
Download BHIM Aadhaar Pay App:
If the App is released, the BHIM Aadhaar App can be used by downloading it from Google Play Store or the merchants are required to contact their bank branches respectively. The BHIM Adhaar Pay App will be setup by the bank officials on the smart phone of the merchants. Initially, the app would be available for Android Mobile Phones but later it may be available for IOS Smart phones.
How to use BHIM Aadhaar Pay App:
The use of this app is very simple. The customers who have finished their linking of Aadhaar Card with their bank accounts or the e-KYC of their bank accounts would be able to pay using this BHIM App. The Customers would be just required to use their Thumb finger and select their bank account while making payments.
Merchants are required to download and install the app on their phones and link their bank account where they would like to receive the payment. A fingerprint reader is also required to connect to their phone to accept payments from customers.
This App is most beneficial for those who cannot read or write as their impression of thumb would work as the transaction’s authentication password.
The Common Use of BHIM Aadhaar Pay App:
- Customers should connect their Aadhaar with their bank accounts.
- Merchants need to download and install the app, link their respective bank account number and connect a fingerprint scanner.
- While transactions of payments, merchants would enter the Aadhaar Number of the customer, select the respective bank of the customer and enter the amount to be transacted.
- To authorise payment, the customer would place his thumb on the scanner of fingerprint.
- Once the fingerprint and Aadhaar database matches, the amount will be directly transferred to merchant’s bank account from customer’s bank account.
BHIM Aadhar Pay app is a secured app which uses two main platforms APB (Aadhaar Payment Bridge) and AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System). Here, APB is a repository of banks and customers which provides smooth flow of payments and AEPS helps in authentication of online process.
In this App, the merchants need not pay any MDR (Merchant Discount Rate) which is required to pay using debit and credit cards while accepting payments.
Currently, the app supports payments based on UPI or only the UPI supporting banks which are available in the app for transactions. For using this bheem app, users are required to verify their phone number with the registered bank and setup a 4 digit PIN. Here is the list of banks supporting UPI.
BHIM Application does not require any internet connection once the Aadhaar based system is added. Only thumb impression is required. The fingerprint of thumb acts as bank and password for transactions. Using the BIM app, the sending and receiving of payments would be done using any of three modes Unified Payment Interface (UPI), Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) and Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD).
Highlights of BHIM Pay App:
- You can collect money by sending a request and if required you can also do reverse payments.
- You can check you balance and transactions of the bank.
- A custom payment address can be created in addition to your mobile number.
- Maximum transaction of Rs.10000 and Rs. 20000 can be done within 24 hrs.
- For faster entry of payment addresses, you can scan a QR code.
- Currently, the app supports Hindi and English. Further, more languages will be added.
BHIM Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/BHIM.NPCI/
BHIM Twitter: https://twitter.com/NPCI_BHIM
BHIM Customer Service: https://www.bhimupi.org.in/get-touch