5 things you should know about Rashtrapati Nilayam:
- Rashtrapati Nilayam is located at Bollarum in Secunderabad was built and raised by Nizam Nazir ud Dowla in the year 1860.
- The Rashtrapati Bhavan in Hyderabad is 155 year old and is spread across 90 acres and 16 rooms in a single storied building. The Rashtrapati Bhavan Hyderabad also has a visitor’s quarter which provides accommodation for 150 people. It also has Darbar Hall, Cinema Hall, Dining Hall, Dining room, Dining Hall, etc.
- The Rashtrapati Nilayam Hyderabad was previously known as Residency House which was under British Rule. Later in the year 1948, the Residency House has become “Rashtrapati Nilayam” for President and used as “Southern Sojourn”.
- Once in a year, The President of India stays in Bollaram Rashtrapati Nilayam during his period of Southern Sojourn.
- Currently, Hyderabad Rashtrapati Bhavan has made eco-friendly with Solar lighting, herbal garden with 116 varieties of medicinal value plants, efficient water irrigation, rain water harvesting for gardening, etc.