Ujala Scheme – Fan/Led Bulb/Tubelight through CSC digital seva:
Ujala Scheme- Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All is a flagship scheme of Prime Minister Narendra Modi Government to encourage energy efficiency.
Central Government has initiated to provide ceiling fans and LED Tubelight along with LED Bulbs under Ujala Scheme. Accordingly, people can order LED bulbs with 50 pieces as minimum quantity in addition to tubelight and ceiling fans.
Subsequently, people must place order through CSC digital Seva Portal in multiples of 20 for Tubelights, 4 for fans and 50 for LED bulbs. Besides, the distribution of these efficient devices of energy is carried out through CSC (Common Service Centres). These devices can be purchased from Common Service Centres at minimized initial cost.
The Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) can collect their order from nearest EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) centres. Under this Ujala Scheme, the warranty of the devices (Fans, bulb and tubelights) is 2.5 – 3 years.
Objectives of the Ujala Scheme:
The Modi Government has initiated this scheme to achieve following objectives:
- Bring Awareness about energy efficiency across the nation.
- To encourage efficient usage of energy at the resident level.
- Increase demand for use of energy efficient devices.
- To minimise the initial cost of LED Lights to facilitate higher uptake.
Now by providing Fans and LED Tubelights with the bulbs, the Central Government wants to fulfil these objectives.
Role of Village Level Entrepreneur’s under Ujala Scheme:
VLEs (Village Level Entrepreneur’s) must execute the following responsibilities:
- Purchase of Appliances under Ujala Scheme through Common Service Centre Digital Seva Portal or directly click on the link to visit the website, https://digitalseva.csc.gov.in/
- Sale of the Ujala devices according to the recorded MRP.
- Mandatory entry of the devices being selling to the consumers.
- All the Village Level Entrepreneurs who have received their stock needs to make entry at the CSC digital portal.
Warranty and MRP of devices – Ujala Scheme:
Under this Ujala Scheme, EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) offers warranty on the devices for following duration:
|Electrical Appliances||MRP||Warranty||VLE Commission||TDS||Net VLE Commission|
|Led Bulbs||Rs. 70||3 years warranty||Rs. 4||Rs. 0.20||Rs. 3.80|
|Tube Light||Rs. 220||3 years warranty||Rs. 9||Rs. 0.45||Rs. 8.55|
|Ceiling Fan||Rs. 1110||2.5 years technical warranty||Rs. 37||Rs. 1.85||Rs. 35.15|
Details of Ujala Scheme:
The highlights and important features of Ujala Scheme are as follows:
- Now Ceiling Fans and LED Tubelights are also offered along with LED Bulbs at the CSC digital Seva Portal.
- Accordingly, 50 bulbs is the minimum order quantity and order must be placed in multiplies of 50.
- Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) must collect their order from nearest EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) centres after a confirmation cal from the staff of EESL.
- EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) offers warranty on devices to the connected domestic users of eligible grid.
Now people will receive Ceiling Fans and LED Tubelights along with LED bulbs at a minimised cost for their residential use. This will promote efficiency of energy to a high extent.