Driver Empowerment Scheme in Telangana
The Telangana government initiated a new programme, TSOBMMS – the Driver Empowerment Scheme for drivers all over Telangana. This scheme is only for the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and other Backward Classes. The minority category motorists can also apply for this scheme. Motorists can buy a car at interest rates quite lesser than normal interest rates under this scheme.
The Driver Empowerment Scheme
This scheme was introduced at the beginning of 2017 in February by the government of Telangana. In this scheme, the citizens can buy their own automobile using this loan scheme.
The popular cab service, Uber is also connected to this scheme in India. The drivers willing to avail the benefits of the scheme can sign up for the newest Uber Cab Service and make a good earning through it.
The only method to enroll in this scheme is through the online application method. This program is accessible to both rural and urban people eligible for the scheme. The people of both the areas have different eligibility criteria.
There are some standards to maintain to fulfill the requirements of the scheme. An individual requires maintaining certain minimum standards to apply for Driver Empowerment Scheme.
- The driver should be 8th passed or equivalent
- The license of the driver should be valid and legal and must be issued by RTA. The issue date of the license must be before 31st December of the year of applying the scheme.
- The preference will be provided to the individuals with transportation badges in their driving license.
- The driver belonging to the rural area should not have the highest family income more than Rs 1.5 lakh and the ones belonging to urban areas should not exceed the income of Rs 2 lakh.
- The candidate must be a scheduled Class Scheduled Tribe or of Backward Class to be eligible for the scheme. He/she can be of minority class as well.
- If a candidate has cleared SSC, he/she will be preferred for the benefits of the scheme.
Documents Required for the Scheme
One requires these documents in order to apply:
- Both sides of the copy of the driving license
- Current Passport Sized Photo
- Mark sheet of SSC Examination (This is optional)
- Copy of PAN Card (Optional)
There is only one option to apply and that is applying online. No offline mode is there to sign up. Here are the required steps to follow:
Step 1: When the candidate goes to scheme’s official website, https://tsobmms.cgg.gov.in/, He/she will find his/her name on the right side of the screen along with other listed programs.
Step 2: Now click on the “Driver Empowerment Program” tab, you will get the online application page. You can also go there directly by clicking here https://tsobmms.cgg.gov.in/viewOfDriverEmpowermentApplicantDetails.do for the form.
Step 3: Now fill all the details in the form properly. Some tabs need to be filled compulsory such as basic details including contact number, valid phone number, sex, aadhaar number, educational status, religion, caste, address details, the location you choose for driving etc.
Step 4: In the last step, the candidate has to upload the documents on the site which includes scanned copies of the documents.
Essential Features of the Driver Empowerment Program
- Lesser interest rates than regular loan rates
- It not only assists the growth of SC, ST and BC candidates but also make efforts to maximize the growth of minority drivers
- Due to digitization, the process is completely online and the official site is https://tsobmms.cgg.gov.in
This site is mainly made to help drivers.
The increasing population of cabs in the country has given a new opportunity. The Telangana government has introduced new scheme to empower the SC/ST/BC and minority drivers. In that case, too, only drivers who do not work for any personal taxi service can apply for this scheme.
The objective of the scheme:
The purpose of the scheme is to provide an opportunity to the drivers to become self-sufficient in their life. The scheme especially emphasizes the growth of low-class drivers and minority community drivers.
The Beneficiaries of Driver Empowerment Program
The candidate who belongs to the low class or minority community and has a valid driving license issued from RTA can be the beneficiary of this program.
Influence on the Society
The scheme promoted by the Telangana government plays a great role in upbringing the growth of the low class and weaker section drivers. This increasing taxi market and low rate loans granted by the government helps the drivers make a good earning and also enhances the growth of the motorists. The poor people are highly empowered with this scheme.