Ration Card UP by Food and Civil Supplies Department
Ration Cards are the official documentation that entitles a person to get the ration of gas, food and other basic things from the Government of India. They are mainly exercised when buying basic foodstuff like wheat, rice, sugar, kerosene at financially good prices. The Cards were initiated at the time of World War II and are being used till date in the 21st Century. They act as the most important tool for survival for the poor people as long as they provide the proof of their identity that is linked to the older database. The country’s public distribution system that identifies, entitle and check the eligibility of the person is based on the ration card UP.
The UP FCS has released the District Wise list of the Uttar Pradesh Ration Card 2018. All the taxpayers can see their names on the list of National Food Security Act (NFSA) who have newly registered for Ration Cards. The applicants whose names are not in the new list of Ration Card 2018 can apply in the given format at the official website
Physical Appearance of Ration Card UP
A model of this ration card UP encompasses:
- A4 folded card
- Plastic Card fixed with an Integrated Circuit (IC)
The card is issued as one per family by the UP government with a photograph of the head of the family on it. The card categories include:
- Intense Poverty Level
- Below Poverty Level
- Above Poverty Level
These poverty lines are defined by the Planning Commission of India based on survey and research from different sources.
These records are made public by the UP Govt. so that they could easily find their names in the record. The applicants can now find their names in APL or BPL list. If someone wants to include any name in the list, they can apply for brand new ration card application form 2018.
Finding your name on the UP Ration Card List 2018
The candidates who requested for the Fresh Ration Card can examine their name in the Ration Card List 2018 in the following criteria
- The first step is to visit the official website of Aapurti, https://www.fcs.up.nic.in
- Click on the Eligibility list of NFSA link under the important links section.
- The applicant can view the new list by clicking on the New 2017-18 list of Ration Card (District Wise).
- The complete Ration Card listing will be shown.
- On the right side of the website, will be options for district, city, ration card numbers and other information.
- The candidates can assess their name from the list in the open record.
- In addition, the candidates can take print out of this Ration Card List 2018 for further reference.
How to find your name online in the Ration Card List 2018
If a candidate is not able to find his/her name on the list, he/she can find the name online from the list using this URL – http://188.8.131.52/fcs/Food/citizen/NFSASearch.aspx
Download Link to UP New Ration Card 2018 Application Form
The link to directly apply for the fresh ration card in Uttar Pradesh is
Important Documents for New Ration Card
Here is the list of important documents for New Ration Card:
- Aadhaar Card
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Previous Electricity Bills
- Gas Connection Bills
- Income Certificate
- PAN Card
UP government issues fresh ration cards to all the citizens whether its BPL or APL candidate. It is essential for obtaining ration throughout the distributors.
Getting Ration Cards
Ration cards are intended in India. They are important to have subsidized things such as food and fuel. The condition to assess the level of the ration card depends on the financial status of the family. It requires 2 photographs of the family’s head, address proof, identity proof with a fee of Rs 25. The process takes up to a month.
In Karnataka state, the government accepts online ration card software under e-governance. Applicants need to upload scanned PDF of identity proof, address proof, age proof and income certificate. They recognized through a scheduled appointment. On the day of the appointment, the applicant and his/her family members called at ration registration division along with the original documents for verification and collection of biometric information. The District Supply Office issues the ration cards in a month of applying.
Millions of people make ineligible and fraudulent ration cards on their fake income certificate whereas some who are really in need of ration card couldn’t get their ration card. The ration shop owners sometimes redirect the food which subsidized and fuel to the black market. Some of the card numbers used by the names of the dead people or some of the ineligible people.
Ways to solve problems associated with the PDS Rations
The government needs to stop corruption, leakage of PDS Ration and diversion of food and fuel.
The bank accounts and ration card numbers should connect to beneficiaries should connect with Aadhar numbers to avoid any fraudulent.
Aadhaar-enabled DBT scheme prevents middlemen and other fraudulent and ineligible beneficiaries from corrupt and illegal practices. This is possible with Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
Aadhaar-enabled eligibility test
- The applicant’s Aadhaar eligibility checked by evaluating the service database with the other database. The eligibility of PDS kerosene will check by comparing it with the LPG database. The subsidy on kerosene allocation will minimize if the LPG subsidy has identified for the household.
- These eligibility tests have formulated to improve the efficiency of the system, audit trail, and preventing corruption.
- The e-Ration service Support is provided on the web for the assistance to get the ration cards and assess prices and availability of food grains. The online system prevents the corrupt practices of diversion of ration and provides it to the needy candidates.
- The eligibility information for the food security is provided on the website of the Department of Food Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
Important Details of ration card UP
- UP FCS Website: http://fcs.up.nic.in
- FCS UP Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FCSUPDept
- Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Department Twitter: https://twitter.com/fcsup
- FCS UP Google+: https://plus.google.com/collection/kN7PDB
- Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Department Tenders: http://fcs.up.nic.in/Important/Nivida_Suchna-en.aspx
- UP FCS Toll-Free Number: 1800 1800 150 and 1967
- Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Department Head Office: Commissioner, Food and Civil Supplies Department, UP, Second Floor, Jawahar Bhawan, Lucknow (UP), 226 001