In Olympic games when woman goes forward to play, she considered as underdog. We can see the more expectation only on male athletes to qualify for Olympics. In past days when women did something that becomes remarkable. In India, many talented woman are there.
In Rio Olympics, India came back to home with 2 medals and both those medals won by women. India has more talented athletes are there. Here you can find the list of Top 5 Indian female athletes. Get the info of the great Indian champions.
1. Kunjarani Devi
Sport Name: Weight Lifting.
- Asian Weightlifting Championships was held in Shanghai in 1989, she won 2 Bronze medals and 1 Silver medal.
- In 1191, Asian Weightlifting Championships held in Indonesia, she won 3 Silver medals.
- In 1995, Asian Weight Lifting championship held in South Korea, she won 2 gold medals and 1 Bronze medal.
Kunjarani was the most leading player in Asian Weightlifting championships. She also did women’s weightlifting coach for India in 2014 commonwealth games held in Glasgow. Now Kunjarani Devi is the Commandant in the CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force).
2. PT Usha
Sport Name: Track and Field Athlete
- In seoul, Won the Gold medal in the 200 m in the year of 1986.
- In seoul, Won the Gold medal in the 400 m in the year of 1986.
- In seoul, Won the Gold medal in the 400 m hurdles in the year of 1986.
- In seoul, Won the Gold Medal in the 4x400m relay.
- In New Delhi, Won the Silver medal in the 100 m in the year of 1982.
- In New Delhi, Won the Silver medal in the 200 m in the year of 1982.
- In Beijing, Won the Silver medal in 400 m in the year of 1990.
- In Beijing, Won the Silver medal in 4×100 m in the year of 1990.
- In Hiroshima, Won the Silver medal in 4×400 m in the year of 1994.
PT Usha is also known as Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil Usha is the India’s greatest athlete. She got many awards for the India. She is also referred as “Queen of Track and Field” and also “Payyoli Express”. PT Usha also got the Adidas Golden shoe award for Best Athlete and also won World Trophy in 1985 & 1986 for the Best Athlete, In 1985, she considered as a great women athlete.
3. Anju Bobby George
Sport Name: Long Jump and Triple Jump Athlete
- In Paris World Championships won the Bronze medal in the year of 2003.
- In Monte Carlo World Athletics won the Gold medal in the year of 2005.
- In Manchester Commonwealth Games won the Bronze medal in the year of 2002.
- In Busan Asian Games won the Gold medal in the year of 2002.
- In Doha Asian Games won the Silver medal in the year of 2006.
- In Incheon Asian Championship won the Gold medal in the year of 2005.
- In Amman Asian Championship won the Silver medal in the year of 2007.
Anju Bobby George won the bronze medal in 2003 world championship, she got more famous and later she recognized and appreciated by many people.She is the first Indian Athlete to won a medal in Athletics World Championships. In 2005, participated in prestigious IAAF World Athletics and won gold medal. In 2002, she also won Arjuna Award.
4. Saba Anjum Karim
Sport Name: Field Hockey
- In 2002 year won the gold medal in Commonwealth Games.
- In 2004 year won the Gold medal in Asia Cup.
- In 2006 year won the Bronze medal in Asian Games.
Saba Anjum is made India as proud with her outstanding performance. In the Hockey team, she is the strongest player among the all players and won many medals for India in Hockey. In 2013 year she won the Arjuna Award and also offered a prestigious Padma Shri Award in the year of 2015.
5. Dipa Karmakar
Sport Name: Gymnast
- Won the Bronze medal in the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in the year of 2014.
- Won the Bronze medal in the Hiroshima Asian Championships in the year of 2015.
Dipa Karmakar is the first gymnast in India and she she qualified for the Olympic Games in 52 years. In Rio Olympics held in 2016, she performed with world class players and finished with 4th place. Dipa is became the fifth women on land in the Produnova.