How Can You Apply For a Short Validity Indian Passport?
An Indian passport is a very important official document that lets holders travel to foreign countries. The Government of India issues it to an Indian citizen, and also it is proof that the person holding the passport is from India. It serves as an address proof, identity proof and also official travel document.
Generally, passports issued for a 10-year period. Passports also issued for minors until they become 18 years old, following which an application for a new passport must be made.
Short Validity Indian Passport – What is it?
It is a passport issued only for a short while, generally as a temporary arrangement. These are only issued in the following situations:
In the case of students:
These issued to students when they have to travel abroad to sit for an international test, such as TOEFL or SAT.
It can issued in case of an urgent circumstance and when the applicant cannot apply via standard means as they would have to wait for long for the processing of their passport.
If an urgent application made, the processing of the form will be done in the Tatkaal Scheme. The application will be submitted with a verification certificate and proof of urgency, according to regulations.
If the person applying has a pending criminal case against his / her name, and also wants to travel abroad, and he can make a Short Validity Passport application.
The passport, however, issued on condition that the court with the pending case grants written permission. In these cases, the passport is only issued for a year, based on court permission.
Passport Not Delivered:
If an applicant does not get the passport due to its loss during transit, he/she can make an application for a Short Validity Passport. Later, when some formalities are completed, the short validity will be extended to a full term of 10 years.
Indians living in overseas countries and planning to come for a short while to India for travel purposes can also apply for this type of passport. In these cases, there is instant approval of the passport. The validity of the passport 1 year from the date when it issued.
The Indian Government issue a passport when specific documents submit and a return ticket to the foreign country of residence shown.
What are the Documents to Show for Short Validity Passport Approval?
Any 3 of the following 18 documents in the list submit:
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Gas connection proof
- Water bill
- Telephone bill
- Railway identity card
- Municipal birth certificate
- Freedom fighter identity card
- Arms license
- SC/ST/OBC certificate
- Income Tax assessment order
- Bank account passbook
- Pension document, like old age pension order, widow pension order etc
- Passport copy of parents (for minor applicants)
- 1st and last page of passport copy of spouse
- Registered copy of Rent agreement
- Photo ID cards issued by public limited companies, PSU, Central / State Government
How to Apply for Short Validity Passport?
For India-based applicants:
- Log on to the website of India Passport Seva Kendra. Unless already registered there, register at the website as a new user.
- Choose the passport type and submission date (choose Tatkal).
- Fill the passport application form, submit it and pay the fee for processing.
- Book a Tatkaal application appointment. Take the necessary documents along and visit the Seva center at the scheduled time.
- When the documents analyzed and verified with success, there will an issuance of passport in just 1 to 3 business days. Personally collect it from the same centre.
For overseas applicants:
- Firstly, Follow the same process mention above to the Indian Consulate in your foreign nation of residence. Submit the documents and forms personally.
- The passport will be issued when you pay the processing fee and the application is verified and,
- Lastly, Collect the passport personally from the allocated centre or the Consulate.
What is the Fee Structure for Short Validity Passport?
- For Normal Category of Applying Short Validity Passport (SVP), the Fee Payment is about Rs. 1000
- For Tatkal Category of Applying Short Validity Passport (SVP), the Fee Payment is about Rs. 3000 (or) €40 (or) $50
What is the Validity Period for the Short Validity Passport (SVP)?
Normally the validity period for Short Validity Passport (SVP) 1 Year but, depending upon the situations and the type of Application of Short Validity Passport (SVP) the validity period can increase to 1 Year – 5 Years.
When to Renewal for Short Validity Passport (SVP)?
Short Validity Passport (SVP) can also renewed for a maximum time period of 10 Years and it renewed at the consideration of Assistant Passport Officer.
If you have any FAQ’s regarding Short Validity Indian Passport Please Visit Indian Passport Government Official Website: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqMiscellaneous
Download Short Validity Passport (SVP) Application Form Here: Short Validity Passport Application Form
For Nearby Passport Office Contact Details Visit Indian Passport Government Official Website: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/rpo
Passport India National Customer Care Number: 1800 258 1800
For More Details Regarding Short Validity Indian Passport Please Visit Indian Passport Government Official Website: http://www.passportindia.gov.in