How to Delete the Name of Spouse in Indian Passport?
In India, a passport is offered to every citizen who wants to travel abroad to a foreign country for travel, work or some other purpose. This is an official document that is issued by the Indian government, to protect the passport holders and to show that they belong to the Indian soil. The passport serves as an ID proof and an address proof. It comprises of all the important details of an individual who holds it, such as the name, signature, address and photo. In some cases, people wish to change some details in their Indian passports – which include deleting the name of their spouse due to a divorce, death of spouse, legal separation or some other reason. Find out how to delete the name of spouse from an Indian passport.
How to Remove the Name of Spouse from the Indian Passport?
- If you wish to delete your spouse’ name, go to the official website of the Indian Passport Seva Kendra or any of its centres.
- Get the form 002 that is reserved for ‘miscellaneous services’.
- Take some time to fill the form up. If you download it online, you need to pick the ‘reissue of passport’ option.
- Once you choose this, you should also pick the ‘change in existing personal particular’ option.
- Then, you have to select the ‘spouse name’ option.
- Next, you should choose the ‘change in existing personal particulars’ option.
- After this, you have to attach some important documents.
What are the Documents that You Must Provide?
You should offer the following documents:
- A self-attested photocopy of your passport’s last and first two pages.
- A copy of your spouse’ death certificate (if he or she has died)
- If you apply for deletion of the name of your spouse in case of divorce, submit a Deed Poll (Annexure ‘E’) / Sworn Affidavit and a Certified Copy of the Divorce Decree.
This will schedule an appointment for you at your local passport office. You have to reach there on the specified date on time along with the application form, documents and the fee that is necessary.
If you apply online to seek an appointment, you do not have to get a token for waiting at a queue.
When it is your turn, you need to submit the documents needed personally. You might also choose a representative to submit them, along with an authority letter and an identity proof signed by you according to the Annexure.
After all the documents necessary for the passport have been submitted properly and then verified, you can gather the passport along with an updating of the details.
When you follow the above steps with success, you can easily get your spouse’ name deleted from your Indian passport.
How Can the Application Form Be Processed?
You should book an appointment before visiting the application centre in your locality or near your locality, either online or by calling up your passport office between 9 am and 6 pm.
You need to be at the centre 15 minutes prior to the time of appointment. Take along all the files that are needed. Use a proper program to check the consulate services.
If a family member submits the documents and application on your behalf, he or she should be able to show that he / she is related to you (the applicant) to the authorities.
Payment of Fees
The fee that you are expected to pay will be based on how you wish to process your passport application. The fees change from time to time. You have to get in touch with your local passport office to know about the fee to pay at the moment. There are various ways to make the payment – By Cash or through a Bank Check. If you are using a Bank Draft, write your name and DOB (as the applicant) on the back side of the same.
Once the application is processed, you will get your endorsed passport along with the update.
National Passport Customer Care Number: 1800 258 1800
For More Details Regarding “How to Delete the Name of Spouse in Indian Passport?” visit Indian Passport Official Website: http://www.passportindia.gov.in
Disclaimer: This website is not affiliated with official Indian Passport website in any way. This article had been written with the help of reference sites. Visiting this site confirms that you are accepting all terms and conditions.