It has become mandatory that Aadhaar card is linked to a person’s bank account
It has clearly been stated by the government that people must get their Aadhaar cards linked with their bank accounts as soon as possible. Banks have been instructed the closure of such accounts that are not connected with candidates Aadhar. Both offline and online modes of linking Aadhaar with a card holder’s bank account are available.
The Online Procedure for Establishing How to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account
Follow these simple steps and get the work done quickly, sitting at home:
- First of all, you need to login to the website onlinesbi.com
- Enter your user id and the password
- Go to one of these two sections: “My Accounts & Profile” or “e-Service. You will find a sub-section: “Update Aadhaar with Bank account (CIF),” and you need to click on that option.
- After entering the password that was created during Aadhaar registration, a fresh page will appear, and you have to enter the Aadhaar number two times there.
- After giving the Aadhaar number, you are required to select the “Submit” option.
- Finally, it will be shown on the screen that your attempt has been successful.
The offline procedure for establishing a link between the bank account and Aadhaar card
If you are unable to link the Aadhaar card online, offline processes are also available for you. To prevent your account from being deactivated, either you can visit a bank branch, or you can go to the ATM nearby. That is how you can get the job completed by going to the nearest branch of your bank:
- You will be given a form in the bank, and you need to fill it up properly. You need to enter details of your bank account and also the rare Aadhaar number.
- Attachment of a photocopy of the Aadhaar card, self-attested should be provided with the form. It is a must.
- At the bank counter, the form along with the attested copy has to be submitted. Please take the actual Aadhaar card along with you as they will verify it.
- After they accept the application, it may require some days for establishing the link
- After the link is made successfully, an SMS will be sent to the phone number that you have registered.
If you want to connect the Aadhaar card and the bank account unitedly at the Automated Teller Machine, you have to follow this process:
- After swiping the ATM card, enter the pin correctly.
- In the menu called “Services,” choose the option- Registration.
- You will find the following option: “Aadhaar Registration” and you need to select that option.
- After that, you have to select the type of your account, that is, whether it is a current or a savings account and then enter your personal 12 digits Aadhaar number.
- Type the Aadhaar number once again and click on the option ‘Okay”.
- A confirmation message will be transferred to you. In that message, it will be clearly mentioned that your account has been linked successfully with your Aadhaar.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to SBI Account by Visiting the Branch Office
By Visiting the SBI Branch Office Aadhaar Card can be linked to SBI Bank Account.
Follow these Simple Steps and Link Aadhaar Card to SBI A/C
Step – 1: Firstly, visit Nearest SBI Bank Branch Office
Step – 2: Carry a copy of your Aadhaar Card
Step – 3: Now, Ask for “Letter of Request” for Aadhaar Card Link up and Submit “Letter of Request” along with “Aadhaar Card Copy”
Step – 4: Then, the SBI Bank Branch Officials will verifies all the data you have provided in the “Letter of Request” and “Aadhaar Card Copy”.
Step – 5: A Confirmation Message will be sent your Aadhaar Registered Contact Number after the verification process is completed.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to SBI Account through SMS
Linking Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank A/C through SMS is one of the simple and easiest way.
Follow these Simple Steps and Link Aadhaar Card to SBI A/C through SMS
Step – 1: Firstly, on the mobile phone keypad type “UID Aadhaar Number (Space) your SBI Account Number”
Step – 2: Send SMS to 567676 from the registered contact number.
Step – 3: Once the Process gets successful, you will get a confirmation message.
UIDAI Website: https://uidai.gov.in
Adhaar Card Toll Free Number: 1947
For Customer Help: https://uidai.gov.in/about-uidai/contact-us/regional-offices.html
Disclaimer & Notice: This website is not the official Governments website or Indian official/ body. Please do not make or treat this as an official website for any information provided, we only collect information from official sites and publish it on wiki.meramaal online for web users. Also, do not leave your personal information in the comment section. It is not possible to respond us to all comments/queries;not possible to address the complaints regarding any applications. We kindly request all our reader/visitors to visit the official website of their concerned department / authority for any issues/complaints, query about the Aadhaar Card information published on this website. Also over the time of period application criteria might be changed. So, for latest updates please visit and check corresponding official website.