Applying for the Driver Empowerment Scheme in Telangana
A new programme named TSOBMMS is primarily the Driver Empowerment Scheme for drivers available in all over Telangana. It has been initiated by the Telangana government. Any motorist who is in the minority category can apply for this scheme. They can purchase cars at quite a lesser interest rate. It is because this scheme is primarily for the minority categories in India, like the scheduled caste, the scheduled tribe, and some other backward classes.
The Driver Empowerment Scheme
The government of Telangana introduced this scheme in February 2017. Under this scheme, the citizens of Telangana can buy automobiles by availing loans from this scheme readily.
The drivers of Uber, one of the convenient cab services, can also avail the benefits of this scheme. The drivers can easily earn it by signing up for all new Uber Cab Services.
Although different areas have different eligibility criteria, people belonging to both the urban and the rural region are eligible for this program. The enrolment can only be done through the process of online application. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
There are some minimum requirements required to apply for this scheme. They are as follows:
- The minimum qualification should be the 8th
- The driver must have a valid license, issued by the RTA. The date of issue should not exceed 31st December of the same year in which it has been applied.
- If an individual contains transportation badges, then he would be given the preference.
- The highest family income should not exceed Rs 1.5 lakh (if the driver belongs to rural areas) and Rs 2 lakh (for urban areas).
- The candidate must belong to either Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe or any other Backward Class.
- A candidate clearing SSC will be given the preference for availing the benefits of this scheme.
Necessary documents required for applying for this scheme
The essential documents needed for the application of this scheme are as follows:
- A copy of your driving license (both sides).
- Latest passport size photo.
- SSC examination mark sheet (optional, if given).
- A copy of the PAN card (this is also optional).
How to apply online?
The offline application cannot be made for this scheme. One can only apply online. The steps to apply online are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website https://tsobmms.cgg.gov.in/ to find your name on the right side along with some other listed programs on the screen.
Step 2: Click on “Driver Empowerment Program” tab, to get the application page. If you also click on the link, https://tsobmms.cgg.gov.in/viewOfDriverEmpowermentApplicantDetails.do you’ll get the form directly.
Step 3: Fill all the relevant details correctly including the essential details like the contact number, sex, education, Aadhar number, caste, religion, address, etc.
Step 4: This is the last step in which the candidate needs to upload the scanned copies of his documents on the site.
Some of the essential features
- Interest rates are lesser than a regular loan.
- This scheme mainly helps in the growth of the minority drivers, especially those who belong to SC, ST and OBC categories.
- This method is completely online due to digitisation whose official site is https://tsobmms.cgg.gov.in.
The scheme has become quite popular due to the rise in demand of cabs in the whole nation. Hence any driver belonging to the minority category and working or not working for personal taxi services can apply to this scheme.
The purpose of the scheme
The scheme is mainly developed to help drivers in becoming self-sufficient. With the help of this scheme, the minority community and the low-class drivers are mostly benefitted. Hence any candidate belonging to these low-class categories and possesses a valid driving license can easily apply for this scheme and becomes the beneficiary of the program.
Impact on the society
This scheme is highly promoted by the government of Telangana. The government is working hard to bring up the growth of the weaker section and the low-class and weaker section drivers in the society. It ensures that the drivers can earn adequately and can make more money. It also enhances the growth of the motorists. The poor people are hugely benefitted using this scheme. Hence minor class will unmistakably get some benefit.
Disclaimer & Notice: This website is not the official Governments website or Indian official/ body. Please do not make or treat this as an official website for any information provided, we only collect information from official sites and publish it on wiki.meramaal online for web users. Also, do not leave your personal information in the comment section. It is not possible to respond us to all comments/queries;not possible to address the complaints regarding any applications. We kindly request all our reader/visitors to visit the official website of their concerned department / authority for any issues/complaints, query about the information published on this website. Also over the time of period application criteria might be changed. So, for latest updates please visit and check corresponding official website.