Haryana introduces e-stamping for the creation of stamp papers online
The Government of Haryana has introduced the system of e-stamping, the execution of which offers a better process of stamping to the people of the Haryana state. The whole system of stamping has been revolutionized as this process ensures effectiveness and transparency.
In the starting phase of e-stamping, in places like Sonepat, Gurugram, Panchkula, and Faridabad, e-stamping has been made mandatory since 2016’s 1st May. However, from March 2017, it has been made compulsory in all the Haryana districts. Get more about the e Stamping Haryana from here.
The process of e-stamping had been launched by the state government of Haryana for carrying out significant changes that were required in the existing stamping systems.
It was launched in the first place for prevention of any ambiguity and disagreement. The portal that has been made for e-stamping in the state is famous by the name of e-GRAS at e stamping Haryana
The current sellers of stamps, be it the branches of State Bank of India or treasure officers- all have stopped distributing stamp papers from the 1st of March. In the module of e-stamping, stamp papers of even Rs. 10,000 can be created by them. For e-stamping, you need to visit https://egrashry.nic.in and no other website.
Some other important details about the process of e-stamping in the state of Haryana
In the year 2017, from the 1st day of March, e-stamping has been in process all over the state. So, physical stamps are of no use now in Haryana as only e-stamps are accepted. The new method efficiently fulfills all requirements related to stamping.
The online process of stamping is straightforward, and the usage is quite simple. The process takes place in two essential parts. In the first part, you make the payment to receive the stamp paper. The second part takes care of providing online stamp to you.
Steps for generating e-stamp papers via e-GRAS
- Go to the official portal of e-GRAS by clicking on this link: https://egrashry.nic.in.
- The user will get your own User ID along with a password at the time of opening your account. You can log in anytime into your e-GRAS account. Just you have to enter your user id and password while logging in. They will also send you an OTP for verifying the mobile number.
- After logging in, select the option that says “Make Payment” to generate an e-stamp. Fill all the details that are required like amount to be deposited, the purpose of your deposit, etc.
- A GNR number will be sent to you each time you transact on the site, and this is also mandatory for the creation of the e-stamp.
- They will then redirect you the page of payment, and you can choose an option (debit/credit card, net banking) based on your convenience.
- Also, submit the GNR number
- You will find one option right on top of the page that says “Prepare Stamp Paper.” Choose here the document type, and you are almost done.
Steps for the creation of postage papers online from egarshry.nic.in
- Visit the official portal of e-GRAS. Enter all the personal details that they ask for, including the mobile number. They will send an OTP to that number and complete the process of verification.
- Make use of your User ID along with the password that you already have for e-GRAS. Select the “Create Profile” option.
- Create a profile you want.
- After you have created the profile, visit the homepage for checking the list of those profiles that have been created by you. Now, it is time to make the payment. Enter the details, select the type of payment and then publish.
- They will provide one GNR number to the account, and the stamp will generate.
- For postage paper, select this option: Prepare Stamp Paper. Then choose the type of document and also GNR.
- Enter the details and submit. Your stamp paper will prepare instantly.
Types of payment
Manual payment via e-GRAS Challan
The banks that are connected with the e-GRAS portal for payment aggregation service are Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India and IDBI Bank. No commission charged for collecting government receipts via net banking on this portal.
But when you remitting payments via credit card or debit card, an additional fee will charge automatically along with taxes and fee after the payment deducted.
Debit card charges 0.70% for up to Rs. 2,000/- and 0.73% above Rs. 2,000/- and credit card charges 0.90%.
Online payment on the e-GRAS portal via Payment Aggregate
Offline payment option is also available through treasury offices and banks including PNB, SBI and IDBI. For manual payment, a GRN challan has to created which required compulsory at the bank division for cash payment or payment through cheque. Once GRN validation and payment did, it will print the stamp paper and will give to you.
Refund also provided by the Haryana Government for stamp papers that unused. Once you apply for it, the money will transfer after verification.