About Telangana State Forest Department
Telangana State Forest Department is one of the administrative allocations of Telangana Government, which is formed in 2014, headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana State. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests is the administrator of the Telangana Forest Department. The initial goal of this department is managing, protecting and conservation of forests in the state of Telangana, its cover on the establishment of the human beings with the survival of each type in its domain.
Telangana Forest Department Flora and Fauna
Telangana is located in the central region of Sub – Continent of India which has representatives of Indian Plant & Animal Life. The vegetarian found in the Telangana state is huge of the dry deciduous type with a teak mixture and Pterocarpus, Terminalia, Anogeissus species etc. The diversity of Fauna of Wild Dog, Tiger, Sloth Bear, Black Duck, Sambar, Hyena, Chinkara, Wolf, Gaur, Python and a no. of birds, reptiles in the Telangana Forest etc.
- Telangana State Animal: Spotted Deer, it can be also called as Axis axis.
- Telangana State Bird: Indian Roller, it can be also called as Coracias benghalensis.
- State Tree of Telangana: Jammi, is can be also called as Prosopis cineraria
- Telangana State Flower: Tangedu, it can be also called as Senna auriculata
The main Purpose of Forest Department of Telangana
To Conserve Bio – Diversity, ecosystems of forests, areas of wildness to provide the facility of water and food security of the Telangana State is the main purpose of Telangana Forest Department.
About Haritha Haram
In order to make entire Telangana state greenery government of Telangana launched a new scheme named as “Haritha Haram”, in the coming 03 years Telangana government is planning to introduce a program of massive Tree Plantation, Telangana State need 210 cores of small trees in order to bring 33% of Telangana area under green cover.
About PCCF (Principal Chief Conservator of Forests)
PCCF (Principal Chief Conservator of Forests) in the entire control of the Telangana Forest Department and all the permissions, declarations, orders etc of the Telangana Forest Department will review, approved and signed by him.
TS Forest Department Protected Areas
Telangana State will protect a network of 11 Sanctuaries along with 03 National Parks.
Sanctuaries of Wildlife of Telangana Forest Department
Telangana state is the place of the most adventurous and wildlife sanctuaries. In many districts of Telangana. Here is the list of Wildlife sanctuaries as follows:
- Pranahita Wildlife Sanctuary
- Shivaram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve
- Kinnerasani Wildlife Sanctuary
- Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Paakhal Wildlife Sanctuary
- Pocharam Wildlife Sanctuary
- Manjeera Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kawal Wildlife Sanctuary
National Parks of Telangana Forest Department
In Telangana, you can find many national parks, that are famous from all over the world. Here is the list of National Parks located in Telangana State.
- Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
- Mrugavani National Park
Zoological Parks Telangana Forest Department
- Nehru Zoological Park
The Nehru Zoological Park located in Bahadurpura, Hyderabad.
Important Details of TS Forest Department
- Telangana State Forest Department Minister Name: Jogu Ramanna
- Telangana Forest Department Website: http://forests.telangana.gov.in
- Forest Department of Telangana Toll-Free Number: 18004255364
- TS Forest department members: TS Forest Contact Details
- Telangana Forest Department Head Office: Aranya Bhavan, Saifabad city, Hyderabad, Pincode: 500 004.