About EPDS Telangana
To make sure that the functioning of the PDS system efficiently takes place, the state government of Telangana has decided to make the system technologically advanced. The EPDS Telangana aims to offer the poorest people of the state, rice at a meager price in the ration shops. In that case, possessing a ration card is mandatory. The state government aims to locate all the families under the poverty line and supply them food grains that will be sufficient for a month.
Food Security Card issued by the Government
EPDS Telangana is a Food Service Card in the state of Telangana. It is an important written document in Telangana with the help of which a candidate can take the advantage of several facilities offered by the government of the state. As it is a card that ensures food security, individuals who do not have decent income can get food sponsored by the state government with the help of his E-Ration card under Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies Department Telangana. If you want to avail all the facilities that come with the EPDS card, it is mandatory for the candidate to be a cardholder under the state government of Telangana.
The essential food items that the authorities supply to the cardholders are wheat, rice, pulses, etc. Apart from these, the cardholder also gets certain commodities such as lamp oil, petrol, etc. All the family members of the cardholder can also use the Ration card as proof of nursing identity in times of need.
As per as the policies of EPDS, in the state of Telangana, the card is segregated into 3 distinct categories:
- APL (Above Financial Gain) card is available for those people who have the income of more than Rs 10,000 on a yearly basis.
- There is also the AYY (Antyodaya) Card issued by the Telangana state government for those people whose income is not stable. That is people who have no permanent source of income.
- The government issues BPL (Below Financial Gain) card to those candidates of the state who have the income of less than Rs 10,000 in a year.
Status of the Food Security Card in EPDS Telangana
To know about the status of your Food Security Card in EPDS Telangana, follow these simple and quick steps:
- First of all, you need to visit the EPDS portal introduced for this purpose. The official website of EPDS in Telangana is https://epds.telangana.gov.in.
- After logging in to the official website, your next step is Ration card search. For that, you need to click on the option that says FSC Search.
- Select the option that reads “FSC Application Search.”
- Now you need to enter your Aadhaar number. So, keep your Aadhaar Card with you when you visit the portal for checking the card status of your Food Security Card.
- After the Aadhaar Number has been entered by you, go to the search button to get the status. Congratulations! Your work has done. In this way, you can check the status of your Food Security Card Telangana
Important Details of Telangana EPDS
- EPDS Telangana Website: https://epds.telangana.gov.in/FoodSecurityAct
- EPDS Telangana Toll-Free Number: 1967, 1800 4250 0333
- Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies Department Minister: Sri Eatala Rajender
- Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies Department Minister Contact Number: 9849224411, 040 2345 4766; 040 2345 2699.