Apply now for getting ration card in Bihar
A ration card is an essential document that any state issues to its citizens based on the Public Distribution System of the state. The concept of a Bihar Ration Card is to make food grains and commodities available to the poor people at low prices.
Types of Bihar Ration Card
EPDS Bihar issues three types of ration, cards to the citizens, depending on the monthly income of the family:
- Below Poverty Line
- Above Poverty Line
Search for ration card list, village wise from the official website
For citizens of India, ration card is handy as a legal document. It allows people with limited income to feed their family by offering commodities at highly subsidised prices. At present, it also serves as an important proof of a person’s identity as no person can possess more than one ration card. Blue Cards will be provided to those families that are below the poverty line in Bihar. With the help of these cards, they get food grains as well as commodities at lowest prices from the ration shops. Besides the permanent ones, Ration Cards are also issued for a temporary period by the state government of Bihar. Now, e-Ration card has also been introduced in the state for the convenience of the users. You can download it from the EPDS portal. From the website, ration card print can also be taken out.
Requirements for getting a ration card offline
- To receive a ration card, you need to collect the application card from S.D.O Office.
- Passport sized picture of the financial head of your family and address proof are required.
- If you fail to submit address proof, inquiries will be conducted, and statements will be recorded of people residing in your locality.
- After all the documents are verified, the ration card is usually sent to the home of the applicant within 15 days.
Eligibility to apply for a Ration Card
In order to apply a brand new ration card the candidate should possess some eligibility criteria and can be explained in the following
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of the district
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen
- The candidate should not carry the old Bihar ration card
Documents required for a New Ration Card
- You have to submit some documents in order to apply a brand new ration card, the following are the Documents required for a New Ration Card
- The proof of residential address
- Head of the house passport size photo which is verified by the MP (Member of Parliament), MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly), Gazette Officer (or) Municipal Councilor
- If any deletion certificate (or) previous card surrenders form and FSO, MO (or) SI officers would conduct spot enquiries, if you fail to submit address proof then the statement of 02 neighborhoods witness would also be recorded
How to Delete (or) add names to Bihar Ration Card?
If you want to add a name in ration card in case of a marriage in the family (or) if someone has took birth in the family and if you want to delete an existing name in the ration card in case of death of a family member you can do this in accordance with the government provisions.
Visit the nearby by Bihar Ration Card Office to know the process and to collect an application form and carefully fill the application form with all required details and attach the required documents along with your application.
Bihar Ration Card Website: http://www.bihar.com/RationCard
EPDS Bihar Website: http://epds.bihar.gov.in
Bihar FCP (Food and Consumer Protection) Department Website: http://fcp.bih.nic.in
Bihar Food and Civil Supplies Minister Name: Shyam Rajak
Bihar Food and Civil Supplies Minister Address: Railway Hunder Road, East Lohanipur, Patna 800 003.
Bihar Food and Civil Supplies Minister Contact Number: 0612 220 5740
Disclaimer & Notice: This website is not the official website for any official communication for Food Supplies nor associated with any Governments or Indian official/ body. Please do not make or treat this as an official website for any information provided, we only collect information from official sites and publish it on wiki.meramaal online for web users. Also, do not leave your personal information in the comment section. It is not possible to respond us to all comments/queries;not possible to address the complaints regarding any schemes. We kindly request all our reader/visitors to visit the official website of their concerned department / authority for any issues/complaints, query about the Bihar Ration Card information published on this website. For latest updates please visit and check corresponding official website