The Food and Consumer Protection Department Bihar is the most extensive system delivering wheat in the country. The Department of Food and Civil Supplies in Bihar was established in the year 1973, on 2nd April and is registered under Companies Act of 1956. They provide food grains and also necessary commodities at highly subsidized prices to people who are Below Poverty Level, Antyodaya, and Above Poverty Level. The state has 45,000 ration shops that distribute food to the beneficiaries every month.
EPDS Bihar has now made it extremely easy for the residents of the state to apply for ration card sitting at home.
Eligibility criteria for getting a ration card
- The candidate has to be a citizen of India
- The applicant has to be an inhabitant of Bihar
- The applying candidate must not possess a ration card already
- The candidate has to mention two witnesses who reside in his neighborhood in case he not able to submit relevant documents of address proof and identity proof
- The whole process will be completed in 15 days.
Required documents for applying in Bihar for a ration card
- Proof of residence of the candidate
- Photograph (passport sized) of the applicant. The photograph must be attested by a MP or MLA or any gazetted officer
How to delete or add a name to your ration card?
Are you planning to remove or add a name to your ration card? This is possible in the state of Bihar by following a few simple steps. The two ways the name can added or deleted:
- By visiting a ration card office in your district and submitting the application form along with other details that they ask for
- By visiting the online EPDS portal which is bihar.gov.in.
Ration card Deletion Process
To Delete the Name in Ration Card list: http://epds.bihar.gov.in/delete_rc
The Ration card Deletion system developed by NIC bihar under the instructions of Nodal officer of Food and consumer protection dept. To get the more information on Deletion process, click on the below link.
Food and Civil Supplies Website: http://epds.bihar.gov.in
To Login to the Civil Supplier department of Bihar: http://epds.bihar.gov.in/Login.aspx