About Samajwadi Pension Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh government had launched the SSPY Scheme (Samajwadi Pension Yojana). It has been introduced to boost savings among the BPL citizens of the state and offer them with financial assistance. Samajwadi Pension Scheme is also called UP Samajwadi pension yojana, launched on February 28, 2014. The objective of this scheme is to replace the existing pension scheme within the state, namely, Rani Lakshmibai Pension Yojana. Through this scheme, 1 out of 3 poor families is also provided with financial assistance.
Eligibility for the SSPY Scheme
In order to avail of this scheme, it is necessary to download the online form, fill it up and apply for Samajwadi pension Yojana Scheme. But before doing so, it will be necessary to understand the eligibility criteria, mentioned below.
- Valid residence proof of being a resident of the state of UP.
- Family living below the poverty line
- The family also to be based in UP
- The main beneficiary is to have the valid bank account, be it any Nationalized banks or the SBI
Other eligibility criteria for UP Samajwadi Pension Yojana
Besides the above are few additional conditions and terms which the family has to fulfill for becoming eligible for this UP pension scheme.
- In order to derive the benefit of this scheme, the family needs to have children of the age group 6-14 years, who are to enroll in any government school.
- Children are to have the monthly minimum attendance of 70% at school.
- Beneficiaries are also to enroll with Rashtriya Saksharta Mission.
- Children below 5 years are to be vaccinated at government hospitals regularly.
- Children are also to participate in school held medical tests at 6 months gap.
- Child’s birth is to at any of the government-run hospitals.
Who will not be eligible for this SSPY Scheme?
This scheme not meant for every citizen of the state, but only for those belonging to the economically weaker section. Those who cannot apply for this scheme are as the following:
- Government employees
- Income Tax Payers
- Private firm employees
- Families possessing properties like 0.5 hectares of land
- Vehicle owners
- Family members also enrolled with other pension schemes like Old Pension Scheme
Key benefits and features
The following benefits along with attractive features can enjoy by families enrolled under this UP Samajwadi Pension Yojana. Going through Samajwadi pension online (SPPY) will also help the person to know more in details.
- The scheme offers Rs. 500 monthly pension for each rural family
- Pension amount also increased every subsequent financial year by Rs.50
- Maximum pension limit under this scheme per month is Rs. 750
- Family selection can do at Gram Panchayat Level
- The scheme has designed exclusively for BPL families residing in UP state.
- Bank account mandatory for availing the benefits
- Pension paid to the family head and also transferred to the concerned individual’s bank account electronically.
- This UP Samajwadi Pension Yojana is available over the web
- The UP Samajwadi Pension Yojana covers all districts of Uttar Pradesh
Therefore going through the details will help to know the Samajwadi Pension Scheme better and to enroll in it to enjoy the benefits on offer.