Among the departments earning revenue in the state of Telangana, the Commercial Taxes Department is a significant one. These are the Acts that the Commercial Tax Department Telangana (TGCT) administers:
- The Telangana Entertainments Tax Act of 1939
- Central Sales Tax Act of 1956
- The Telangana Value Added Tax Act of 2005
- Telangana Horse Racing and Betting Tax, Regulation of 1358 Fasli
- Telangana Tax on Opulence Act of 1987
- The Telangana Tax of Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act of 1987
- Telangana Rural Development Cess Act of 1996
- The Telangana Tax on arrival of Motor automobiles into regional places Act of 1996.
Telangana Commercial Taxes Department
To provide fair and superb administration of Taxes, the TGCT Management System takes help of the IT Telangana. Majority of the primary functions performed by this department can access online now. Essential dealer services such as registration and returns can also be done online from their official portal which is www.tgct.gov.in. Here is a list of all the dealer services that are available online:
- E-Registration and e-returns
- E-waybill and e-Payment
- EDSC/ CDSC
- Online submission of several forms such as 501 A, 501, 501 B etc.
- VAT 250: application by contractors online
- CTD orders and CTD portal ensuring prompt delivering of information.
VAT rates in Telangana
In general, three tax rates prevail in Telangana according to the APVAT Act. The three rates are 14.5% which is the standard rate and 5% and 1% which are the lower rates. The VAT registration of a person can cancel by the Commercial Taxes Department if he is not eligible for it.
E-way bill system in the state of Telangana
Just like in Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala, E-way bill system not only operates in the state of Telangana but also is considered to be compulsory. The system makes sure that the movement of goods all over the country takes place freely and smoothly. E-way bill procedure has been started in Telangana from the year 2017. Telangana waybill has now been reverted by the state.
Under the current system, manufacturers and traders of other states who supply their goods to Telangana required to make E-way bills Telangana from their system. Similarly, traders from Telangana as well as manufacturers who send goods to different states of India required to make E-way bills from the portal of the particular state to which they are sending their products. So, the transfer of goods can take place efficiently form Telangana to various states in India and from other Indian states to Telangana. Another advantage is that database will create about the goods’ movement. So, season-wise analysis of goods’ movement will also be possible in the state of Telangana owing to the introduction of E-way bills by the Commercial Taxes Department. It will, in turn, curb the evasion of tax as the invoices will upload in the online system.
Important Details of Telangana Commercial Taxes Department
- TGCT Official Website: https://www.tgct.gov.in
- Revenue Minister Name: Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Revenue Minister Details: http://www.telangana.gov.in/Departments/revenue-(commercial-taxes)
- Head Office Address: Commissioner of Commercial Taxes Department, C.T Complex, Nampally, Hyderabad, 500 001, India, Fax: 040 2461 8912
- Staff Contact Details: https://www.tgct.gov.in/tgportal/AboutUs/Contact_CTD.aspx
- Complaint/Feedback Portal: https://www.tgct.gov.in/tgportal/DLRServices/Feedback.aspx