About Telangana Excise Department
The Telangana Excise Department is an agency that enforces law related to excise in the state of Telangana. This department administers laws regarding the consumption of liquor, psychotropics, narcotics, and medicines containing narcotics and alcohol. The department was founded after the formation of Telangana as a separate state from the AP State in the year 2015, on 6th May. The Telangana Excise Department’s first minister was a member of the Rashtra Samithi Party of Telangana, T Padma Rao.
Duties of the Excise Department of Telangana
The Excise Department of Telangana performs a vital role in the maintenance of law and order in the state. The duties performed by the Prohibition and Excise Department, Telangana are as follows:
- This department makes sure that protection, as well as the collection of the state’s Excise Revenue, is done abiding by the rules and acts
- They conduct different campaigns to increase awareness among people regarding the ill-effects of Alcoholism.
- Campaigns to increase awareness among people regarding the ill-effects of Alcoholism
- They are responsible for the prevention of Narcotic Drugs’ trafficking.
- They are also responsible for the implementation of the beneficial Abkari policy that the government of the state formulates every year.
Apart from these, TS Excise department is also a significant source of revenue collected in the state of Telangana, producing nearly Rs 10,500 crore.
Telangana State Beverages Corporation or TSBCL
TSBCL stands for Telangana State Beverages Corporation Limited. It is a public sector organisation that is owned by Telangana’s state government. It monitors the retail and wholesale vending of alcohol in the state. TSBCL monitors the sale of IMFL, that is, Indian Made Foreign Liquor as well as trading of beer in Telangana. The year of establishment of the Telangana State Beverages Corporation Limited is 2014. It has founded on 2nd June, and it falls under the 1956 Companies Act. The headquarters of TSBCL situated at Hyderabad, the capital city of Telangana.
Launching of a mobile app by the Excise Department of Telangana
Recently, a mobile app has launched by the Prohibition and Excise Department Telangana to curb illegal trading of alcohol in the state. With the help of this app, it possible for consumers to lodge complaints instantly if he finds any trader selling alcohol above the product’s market price or if the stuff contaminated. In the app, customers will able to know the actual cost of 880 brands of liquor that sold in the state. It will reduce chances of cheated by dishonest traders. If you have an Android phone, you can easily download this app by visiting the Google Play store.
MRP charts have also launched of 25 top-selling liquor brands as well as 5 top-selling beer brands for each district. The liquor shop owners have to display the MRP charts prominently at their shops for the convenience of the customers. In this way, consumers will inform about the products’ MRP, can complain if traders try to make money through unfair means. Citizens of Telangana can also use the app for complaining against the consumption of alcohol near bars and liquor shops openly. People can also complain if they find someone selling his old stocks or if they see late night alcohol sale anywhere in Telangana. There is also a WhatsApp number for lodging complaints- 7989111222.
All shops selling liquor also have to install CCTV cameras equipped with recording facility. Those will connect with Hyderabad’s central control room. It will ensure by the TS Excise department that selling of alcohol will strictly monitor all over the state.
Important Details of Excise Department of Telangana
- Telangana Excise Department website: http://www.excise.telangana.gov.in
- TSBCL Official Website: https://tsbcl.telangana.gov.in
- Honourable Minister for Prohibition and Excise, Sports and Youth Services: Sri. T Padma Rao Goud
- Prohibition and Excise, Sports and Youth Services Contact Number: 040 2345 0368
- Telangana Excise Department Contact Details: http://www.excise.telangana.gov.in/keycontacts