The Northern Power Distribution Company of Telangana
TSNPDCL stands for Telangana State Northern Power Distribution Company Limited. It’s an Electricity Distribution company, owned by the Telangana Government. The headquarter situated at Warangal, and this company is mainly established for seventeen Northern Districts of Telangana. It’s a State Government owned Corporation and not a private firm.
History of Telangana State-Northern Power Distribution Company Limited
The Northern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Ltd is an electricity distribution industry. It commenced its operation on June 2, 2014. It comes under Companies Act 1956. This particular company is also the successor to Andhra Pradesh Northern Power Distribution Company Limited which is also known as APNPDCL. APNPDCL, in turn, is the successor of Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board or APSEB.
Some of the essential persons belonging to this company
Let us discuss some of the principal persons associated with TSNPDCL.
- Gopal Rao: After completing his graduation from Osmania University, Hyderabad in Electrical Engineering, Mr. A.Gopal Rao, CMD, has joined in erstwhile APSEB as Technical Assistant in the year 1969. Gopal Rao served in various cadres in the APSEB and APNPDCL and achieved the position of Chief Engineer and retired in the year 2003 as a Chief Engineer. He then served as OSD for 1 year from August 2003 to July 2004, before joining TSNPDCL. He is one of the Board of Directors of TSNPDCL, and he has been appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director of this company since October 20, 2016.
- Narsing Rao: Mr. B. Narsing Rao, Director of Operations has joined APSEB in the year 1969. He done Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical from the Osmania University, Hyderabad and also served in various cadres in APSEB and APTRANSCO for 36 years and took retirement as a Chief Engineer (TL&SS), Warangal on 31st October 2004. He is now one of the prominent members of this company and is one of the Board of Directors of TSNPDCL from 28th November 2014.
- Venkateshwer Rao: Mr. B.Venkateshwer Rao, Director of Projects, has done Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from Regional Engineering College, Warangal. He also has completed M-Tech from the same University in Power Systems. At first, he worked as a junior engineer in AP Steel Ltd and then joined APSEB as a junior engineer. He served in the various cadres in APSEB, TGNPDCL, and APTRANSCO for 29 years and then took retirement in the year 2007 as a Chief Engineer. He appointed to the Board of Directors of TSNPDCL since 2009.
Area covered by TSNPDCL
TSNPDCL comprises 17 districts including Mancherial, Kumram Bheem, Nirmal, Kamareddy, Jagtial, Peddapalli, Rajanna, Warangal Rural, Warangal Urban, Prof Jayashankar, Mahabubabad, Jangaon, Adilabad, Bhadradri, Nizamabad, Khammam District and Karimnagar. The company reaches out to almost 1.55 crores of the population, as per 2011 census. The population spread across several towns and villages which surround an area of about 66,860 km. The Solar Power for electricity in the State. It will also help to overcome the power shortage in the state.
- TSNPDCL Website: http://www.tsnpdcl.in
- TSNPDCL Cgg Website: http://tsnpdcl.cgg.gov.in
- Telangana NPDCL Toll Free Number: 18004250028 / 1912
- TSNPDCL Payment App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.billdesk.npdcl&hl=en
- Telangana Energy Minister: Sri G. Jagadish Reddy
- Telangana Energy Minister Contact Number: 040 2345 3212 , 23450520