The Election Commission of Andhra Pradesh and Voter ID Cards in AP
The Election Commission of Andhra Pradesh (CEO Andhra) was formed in the year 1994 according to the provisions of the article 243K and the article 243ZA of the Indian Constitution. The primary task of the AP Election Commission is to make sure that elections in the state are conducted smoothly and peacefully. The head of the APSEC (Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission) is the election commissioner appointed by the state’s governor.
Steps you need to follow to apply online for your Voter ID card in Andhra Pradesh-CEO Andhra
The CEO Andhra Pradesh has introduced an online portal for citizens to apply for their Voter ID cards online. Follow these uncomplicated and straightforward steps to get it done online:
- Visit the online portal which is nic.in and select the ‘E-registration’ option
- You will find two options, namely, Assembly Constituency and Council Constituency. In Assembly Constituency you will find Form 6, and you need to click on that
- You need to fill up all the details of this form carefully. Check the form and submit.
- A reference number will be given to you with the help of which you can keep tracking the status of your Voter ID AP
- Within a few days, you will be visited by a Booth Level Officer. He will verify the information given by you
- After the completion of the process of verification, you will be sent your AP Voter ID card to your residential address.
The APCEO also has an offline process which you can follow to apply for Voter ID. This is the legal procedure:
- You will get the form 6 from an electoral office.
- Along with this form, you have to submit the documents of residence proof, ID proof, age proof, passport, Ration Card, driving license, etc.
- Mention your family members’ names who have Voter Cards
- Visit the electoral office and submit the form as well as the documents
- After verifying your application, the Voter ID card will be given to you.
How to check your Voter ID status in Andhra Pradesh?
You will get to know your Voter ID status in Andhra Pradesh either by online or offline mode.
- To check your AP Voter ID status online, visit the official website of CEO AP. This is the link to check the status of your Voter ID: http://ceoaperms.ap.gov.in/Status/Search.aspx.
- You can know the status either with the help of House Number or the Application ID
- After that you have to select the type of your form:
- Form 8A
- Form 8
- Form 7
- Form 6
- Enter the house number or ID and select the “Search” option to know the Voter ID status AP.
- To track your AP Voter ID status, you have to send an SMS to 9246280027. Type VOTE (space) voter ID number and send it to 9246280027.
- There is also a toll-free Helpline number of ECI which is 1950. Calls are answered on all business days from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You can inquire about your Voter ID Status AP by calling at this number.
- CEO Andhra Website: http://ceoandhra.nic.in
- CEO Andhra Toll Free Number: 1950
- CEO Andhra Office Address: H – Block, South wing GA (Elections) Department, AP Secretariat, Hyderabad, 500 022
- CEO Andhra Contact Details: http://ceoandhra.nic.in/contactus.aspx
Disclaimer & Notice: This website is not the official website for any official communication for government nor associated with any Governments or Indian official/ body. Please do not make or treat this as an official website for any information provided, we only collect information from official sites and publish it on wiki.meramaal online for web users. Also, do not leave your personal information in the comment section. It is not possible to respond us to all comments/queries;not possible to address the complaints regarding any schemes. We kindly request all our reader/visitors to visit the official website of their concerned department / authority for any issues/complaints, query about the information published on this website. So, for latest updates please visit and check corresponding official website.