About Sheep Distribution Scheme of Telangana
Sheep Distribution Scheme has introduced by Telangana State Government on 20th June of 2017 under the subsidised scheme and by Mar of 2018 the Government of Telangana State has distributed 1, 28,000 sheep’s to the beneficiaries.
History of Telangana Sheep Distribution Scheme
Telangana Chief Minister Sri K Chandrashekar Rao has launched this Sheep Distribution, out of Rs. 1, 25,000 cost per unit, the Telangana government provides the cost of 75% and 25% is provided by the beneficiaries. In Telangana state the population of sheep is expected to be multiplying to 04 times within 02 years.
Purpose of Sheep Distribution Scheme
In order to empower the traditional occupations of communities of Golla and Kurma, the scheme was strengthen in increasing the rural economy. The TSSGDCF (Telangana State Sheep and Goat Development Cooperative Federation) has implemented this scheme by purchasing the sheep’s in other Indian states for avoiding of recycling along with increase the net population in the Telangana. The breeds of sheep are selected from Nellore (White sheep with black spots on the face), Nellore Brown (Dora), Madras Red and Deccani.
Eligibility for Scheme of Sheep Distribution
- As this scheme is launched in order to support the tradition Shepard communities of Yadavas and Kurumas in Telangana State, the person who are 18+ years belonging to the Shepard community are eligible for the scheme
- Every 18+ eligibility person will acquire a unit of sheep (which has 20 sheeps)
Insurance for Sheep Distribution Scheme of Telangana
About Rs. 5000 for a sheep and Rs. 7000 for a ram is acquired by the Shepard farmer from the Telangana government in case of a death of a sheep
- TSSGDCF Website: http://www.telanganajeevasamruddhi.com
- TSSGDCF Contact Details: http://www.telanganajeevasamruddhi.com/#/NICContact
- TSSGDCF Helpline Number: 040 2339 1321
- Telangana Official Website: http://www.telangana.gov.in
- Telangana Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister: Sri T Srinivas Yadav
- Telangana Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Contact Details: 9848098166
Disclaimer & Notice: This website is not the official website for any official communication for government nor associated with any Governments or Indian official/ body. Please do not make or treat this as an official website for any information provided, we only collect information from official sites and publish it on wiki.meramaal online for web users. Also, do not leave your personal information in the comment section. It is not possible to respond us to all comments/queries;not possible to address the complaints regarding any schemes. We kindly request all our reader/visitors to visit the official website of their concerned department / authority for any issues/complaints, query about the information published on this website. So, for latest updates please visit and check corresponding official website.