Golden Temple Vellore – thesoul-stirring abode of Sri Lakshmi Narayan devotees in Tamil Nadu.
Located in the heart of Sripuram, Golden Temple Vellore is the centre of attraction for Sri Maha Lakshmi devotees in Tamil Nadu state. Vellore Golden Temple in Tamil Nadu has been built over an area of 100 acres of land situated in Thirumalaikodi, Vellore city. This Golden Temple cum Spiritual Park is owned and maintained by Sri NarayaniPeedam, run by famous spiritual leader Sakthi Amma, also known as Narayani Amma.
The prime attraction of Vellore Golden Temple is an extensive gold coating of statues including the exterior of this temple. According to estimates, the Golden Temple Vellore was constructed at a whopping budget of 600 crores. 1,500-kilograms of gold were used in building this temple.
Timings of Sripuram Golden Temple
Golden Temple Vellore timings have been the same since its construction. VelloreTemple opens at 4 am and closes at 8 pm. Other activities of Sripuram GoldenTemple are organised at the following timings:-
- Abhishekam of Goddess Maha Lakshmi from 4 am to 8 am
- Free darshan for devotees starting from 8 am in the morning till 8 pm in the night.
- Special aarthi seva from 7 pm to 8 pm.
One of the most striking features of Golden Temple Vellore is that Sri Narayani Peedam does not charge any Golden Temple entry fees from devotees coming in from all corners of Tamil Nadu state. Darshan is absolutely free 365 days a year.
Mind boggling facts about Vellore Golden Temple
- Sripuram Golden Temple is the only temple in the world to be entirely covered with gold.
- Construction of Golden Temple Vellore took 6 long years for more than 400 coppersmiths, goldsmiths, and laborers hired from Thirupati Tirumala Devasthanam.
- The Maha Lakshmi statue made up of old granite and enveloped in gold.
- Vellore Temple has more Gold than Amritsar Golden Temple in Punjab.
How to Reach Golden Temple Vellore – Sripuram?
There are number of buses are available from major cities to Sripuram and you can reach to Golden Temple by choosing bus no. 08 which takes you direct to Golden Temple
Other online services offered by this Web Portal
- A complete guide of ‘do’s and don’ts for devotees visiting the Sripuram Golden Temple including Golden Temple Vellore timings.
- Information on several facilities provided by Sri Narayani Peedam such as Help desk, free as well as the rented dormitory for residential devotees, the guest house for VIP devotees, buying tickets for prasadam, seva, etc.
- Traveling directions on Vellore Golden Temple by bus, rail or via the aerial route.
Without a doubt, the Golden Temple in Tamil Nadu is one of the wonders of the world.
would be more than handy for Sri Maha Lakshmi devotees and the ardent followers of our beloved Sakthi Amma, also known as Narayani Amma.