Kamakshi Amman Temple in Kanchipuram city, TamilNadu – the heavenly abode of Goddess Kanchi Kamakshi
Goddess Kanchi Kamakshi is the divine manifestation of Devi Parvati. Thousands of Goddess Kamakshi devotees visit this renowned Kanchi Temple. Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam maintains the official website of the Kamakshi Amman Temple.
This web portal is a comprehensive guidebook of the various pooja activities of the Kanchi Kamakshi Temple.
Some unique facets in this Kamakshi Amman Temple
- Kanchipuram Temple has been built on 5 acres of land and adorned with four entrances for Goddess Kanchi Kamakshi
- Magnanimous statue of Goddess Kanchi Kamakshi is placed in the center and is surrounded by deities of Ayyapan, Saraswati, Annaporani.
- Kanchi Temple is one of the 51 Shakti Peetas established by Shankaracharyas in India.
Kanchipuram Temple timings
The Kanchi Temple opens its doors at 5:30 am in the morning, and devotional rituals are performed till 12:15 pm. Worship activities are halted in the afternoon hours. Then the Kamakshi Amman Temple has opened again at 4:00 PM and finally the doors are closed at 8:15 PM. Special timings are applicable on Fridays when the pooja goes on till 9:30 PM and till 10:30 pm in the night on the auspicious Pournami day.
List of various pooja activities performed at the Kanchi Kamakshi Temple
- Abhishekam of Goddess Kamakshi thrice a day
- Sahasranama Archana every day.
- Ashtotthara Archana every day
- Chandana Alankara on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Swarna Rathas on all Fridays.
The schedule of these poojas is changed during the festival days. Special aarthi and seva rituals are performed on Navratri, Bhramotsavam, and Pournami (Full Moon Day).
Other online facilities of KanchipuramKamakshiTemple available in this website
- Precise information and up-to-date calendar on the upcoming poojas and festivals.
- Latest news and updates on the ongoing activities and Maha Kumbhabhishekam ceremony of the Kamakshi Amman Temple.
- Latest Songs, videos, and photos of Goddess Kanchi Kamakshi, Jagad guru Adi Shankaracharya and divine rituals of Kanchipuram Temple can be viewed and downloaded.
- Devotees can purchase religious books and CDs from this web portal.
How to Reach to Kanchi Kamakshi Temple?
You can reach Kanchi Kamakshi Temple through all modes of Transportation including RTC Services, Trains, etc
Kanchipuram city can also be named as the city of temples. This holy land boasts of world-famous Kanchi Puram Temple including the Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam running under the divine guidance of spiritual leader Adi Sankaracharya and his legacy of his predecessors. Visitors to the Kanchi Puram Kamakshi Temple must make a note of website for future reference.
- Kamakshi Amman Temple Website: http://www.kanchikamakshi.com
- Kamakshi Amman Temple Address: KANCHI KAMAKSHI AMBAL DEVASTHANAM New No. 06, Old No. 144 / A, Kamakshi Amman Sannathi Street , Big Kanchipuram – 631 502 Tamilnadu, India
- Kamakshi Amman Temple Helpline Numbers: +91-44-27-23-34-33, 2722-1214
- Kamakshi Amman Temple Contact Details: http://www.kanchikamakshi.com/html/contact_us.html