Heavenly abode of Goddess Kanakadurga on the banks of river Krishna
Vijayawada Kanaka durga Temple is the second largest temple in Andhra Pradesh state after Sri Venkateswara Temple, Tirumala. Temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga, the symbol of power, riches, and strength in Hindu mythology. Sri Durga Malleswara Swamyvarla Devasthanam (SDMSD) is the supreme governing authority of Kanakadurga Temple. SDMSD maintains its official website and a dedicated SDMSD Android app.
Legend of the Vijayawada Kanakadurga Temple
The temple is built on the summit of Indrakeeladri hills on the banks of the Sacred river Krishna in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh state. The divine idol of Goddess Durga is seated to the right of her beloved companion, Malleswaram. Legends believe that Goddess Durga was seen at the Indrakeeladri hills in glowing golden color. Several mythological stories including references to Mahabharata are attributed to the Swayambhu (Self-manifested) nature of this temple. Hence the Temple was named as KanakadurgaTemple, Vijayawada.
Vijayawada Durga Temple timings
Doors of the Temple are opened at 4 am for free Dharma Darshanam to the Pilgrims. Pilgrims can have a glimpse of their holy deity Kankadurgamma in the following time slots:-
- 04:00 AM to 06:00 AM
- 07:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- 12:15 PM to 04:00 PM
- 06:15 PM to 10:00 PM
Pilgrims can take part in the several other religious rituals of the Kanakadurga Temple like
- Mukamandapam Darshan
- Antharalaya Darshan
- Other pooja activities
Leaving Dharma Darshanam, all the rituals have to be booked by paying the prescribed fees at the website or the Vijayawada Kanakadurga Temple.
Online services to be availed through this website
- Voluntary online donations to the free prasadam scheme, Saswatha Anna prasadam scheme, Vidyadaanam scheme and other charitable activities of SDMSD.
- Perform at the cultural events of Kanakadurga Temple by filling a simple application form.
- Subscribe to the Kanaka DurgammaVaru Kanaka DurgaPrabha Magazine published by SDMSD.
- Route map for pilgrims coming from all corners of Andhra Pradesh state by bus, rail or via air.
- Offer voluntary seva at the Devasthanam by registering on the website.
- A complete list of Dos and Dont’s for pilgrims coming to Vijayawada Kanakadurga Temple.
Well compiled photo gallery with high-resolution downloadable images and wallpapers of Kanakadurgamma and Lord Malleswaram.
How to Reach Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple?
You can to Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple by using APSRTC services and 02 National highways are passes through the Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple
The website caters to all the needs of devotees thronging the Vijayawada Kanakadurga Temple, Andhra Pradesh state. Pilgrims can book their darshan, seva tickets with ease by using the online facilities on this website.
- Kanaka Durga Temple Website: http://kanakadurgamma.org
- Kanaka Durga Temple App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ytrtech.sdmsd&hl=en
- Vijayawada KanakaDurga Temple Toll Free Number: 1800-425-9099
- Kanaka Durga Temple Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KanakaDurgammatemple
- Kanaka Durga Temple YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh82LJ6iwg68CLTHmy4BX1w
- KanakaDurga Temple Address: Indrakeeladri, Mallikarjunapeta, Durga Temple Ghat Rd, Durga Agraharam, Durga Agraharam, Mallikarjunapeta, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520 001
- Kanaka Durga Temple Location Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sri+Durga+Malleswara+Swamy+Varla+Devasthanam
- Kanaka Durga Temple Contact Details: http://kanakadurgamma.org/Location