State cooperative banks in india– the pinnacle of three-tier cooperative banking in a particular state
Cooperative banking has managed a reasonably firm footing in the banking sector predominated by commercial banks. These are the apex form of cooperative banks operating in a particular state. RBI issues separate licenses for State Cooperative banks. They are regulated by the State Cooperative societies act and Banking regulation act, 1949.
Distinct features of state cooperative banks
- Being the apex bank, they do not lend money directly to its lenders. They supply indirect credit facility by financing Central cooperative banks and primary cooperative societies.
- It arranges capital in the form of shares, loans to primary cooperative societies, deposits with the RBI and overdraft facility provided by the latter.
- State Cooperative banks are the sole custodian of cooperative banking services in a particular state.
- At present, there are 33 State Cooperative banks in India like Andhra Pradesh state cooperative bank ltd, Chhattisgarh state cooperative bank ltd, etc.
Primary functions of state cooperative banks in India
- It is the only watchdog of cooperative banking in a particular state.
- Supplies necessary credit to primary cooperative societies and district level cooperative banks at the time of financial crisis.
- The link between RBI and cooperative banks of a particular state.
List of State Cooperative Banks – SCBs
|1||Andaman and Nicobar State Co-operative Bank|
|2||AP State Co-operative Bank|
|3||Arunachal Pradesh State Co-operative Apex Ban|
|4||Assam Co-operative Apex Bank|
|5||Bihar State Co-operative Bank|
|6||Chandigarh State Co-operative Bank|
|7||Chhattisgarh Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit|
|8||Delhi State Co-operative Bank|
|9||Goa State Co-operative Bank ltd|
|10||Gujarat State Cooperative Agriculture and Rural Development Bank Lt.|
|11||Gujarat State Co-operative Bank|
|12||Haryana State Co-operative Apex Bank|
|13||Himachal Pradesh State Co-operative Bank|
|14||Jammu and Kashmir State Co-operativ Bank|
|15||Jharkhand State Co-operative Bank|
|16||Karnataka State Co-operative Apex Bank Bangalore|
|17||Kerala State Co-operative Bank|
|18||Madhya Pradesh Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit|
|19||Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank|
|20||Manipur State Co-operative Bank|
|21||Meghalaya Co-operative Apex Bank|
|22||Mizoram Co-operative Apex Bank|
|23||Nagaland State Co-operative Bank|
|24||Odisha State Co-Operative Bank|
|25||Pondichery State Co-operative Bank|
|26||Punjab State Co-operative Bank|
|27||Rajasthan State Co-operative Bank|
|28||Sikkim State Co-operative Bank|
|29||The Tamil Nadu State Apex Co-operative Bank|
|30||Telangana State Co-Operative Apex Bank Limited|
|31||Tripura State Co-operative Bank|
|32||Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Bank|
|33||Uttarakhand State Co-operative Bank|
|34||West Bengal State Co-operative Bank|