Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank – The trendsetter in introducing latest technology-driven products
On 3rd March 2006, Government of India announced the merger of two regional rural banks, Chaitanya Grameena Bank and Godavari Grameena Bank. It gave birth to a new RRB known as Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank (CGGB) with its headquarters in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh state. The RRB is sponsored by Andhra Bank. All its banking activities are regulated by NABARD, the apex authority concerning RRBs in the country.
Some of the milestones recorded by CGGB in more than a decade-long journey
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank is the first RRB in the Telugu States to launch E-Commerce services
- It is the first RRB in the Telugu States to launch Aadhaar based merchant pay facilities
- Since its formation, Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank has never booked losses in any financial year till date.
Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank is ranked amongst the best RRBs in Andhra Pradesh for services such as NEFT RTGS, Debit and Credit Cards, mobile banking, etc.
Key services available at our branches
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank offers a variety of deposit schemes such as savings, current accounts, and term deposit schemes to its depositors. Nirbhaya Gold Saving Scheme from the bank is worth a special mention.
- Short terms, as well as long-term loans facilities, offered by the bank for educational, housing and self-employment projects. Gold loans and Vehicle loans are also provided by Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank.
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank gives Rupay debit cards to its customers for ATM cum POS transactions. Kisan credit cards for rural area customers. The bank is making a significant contribution to the financial inclusion drive by promoting Smart Card enabled transactions in rural areas.
Online services available on its website
- The tech-savvy RRB also provides NEFT and RTGS facilities for online money transfers. The complete list of CGGB IFSC codes is also available.
- Aadhaar enabled payment system is also functional at more than 100 branches of Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank.
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank is rapidly expanding its own ATM network to give better services to its customers.
- Mobile banking and SMS alerts are also available at all its branches.
- CGGB Website: http://www.cggb.in
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cggb.ap
- CGGB IFSC Code: ANDB0CG7031
- Chairman: Sri V Brahmananda Reddy
- CGGB Chairman Contact Number: 0863 2261124
- Contact Numbers: http://www.cggb.in/rta.php