PFRDA launched National Pension Scheme (NPS) trust under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882. Shri Ashwin Parekh is currently serving as NPS Trust Chairman. National Pension Scheme is a social welfare scheme for distributing pension to private and public sector employees after their retirement. NPS enrols the Government employees of Central and State governments along with Public sector units. National Securities Depository Limited ( NSDL) offers a variety of National Pension Scheme online services through the eNPS facility on its website.
Online services for National Pension Scheme subscribers on the NSDL
- Opening up of individual Tier 1 or Tier 2 NPS accounts online by National Pension Scheme login into to the eNPS website from NSDL. Any Indian Citizen between the age group of 18 to 65 years can open a pension account under this National Pension Scheme. Even NRI subscribers can open their accounts online through eNPS facility.
- Those working in the unorganized sector can apply for Atal Pension Yojana (APY) scheme. They have to fill the prescribed National Pension Scheme form
- It will be a big relief for pension scheme subscribers. They deactivated or stopped various people’s Tier 2 accounts due to some reasons. Tier 2 National Pension Scheme account holders can activate their account through National Pension Scheme login.
- Recent budget announcements bring an additional National Pension Scheme tax benefit of 50000 plus 1.5 Lakh National Pension Scheme tax benefits. People can claim it as a deduction under Section 80CCE. Therefore, the total tax benefits for National Pension Scheme under Section 80CCD(1) + Section 80CCD(1B) will be equal to 2 Lakhs for this financial year. Thus the National Pension Scheme also qualifies as a tax savings instrument.
- eNPS allows Tier 1 and Tier 2 subscribers to make the first National Pension Scheme contribution in their account. Later on, they can make monthly or yearly National Pension Scheme contribution by using eNPS. Tier 1 and Tier 2 account contributions by using either SBI epay or Billdesk. List of selected banks is available on the NSDL website.
- National Pension Scheme subscribers can ask all their queries using the web portal. Aggrieved account holders can register their grievances by using National Pension Scheme login.
- National Pension Scheme calculator tool on the website for estimating pension scheme returns after a certain period. Just feed in the amount of voluntary contribution monthly/ yearly and the period of investment. This tool will give you the accurate pension amount you can expect.
A quick roundup of the additional services offered by the eNPS from NSDL
- Updation of FATCA details especially crucial for NRI subscribers who follow tax rules of their residential country.
- Feeding Aadhaar Card number by NPS login.
- You can update the address, mobile number, and email id.
- Make changes to the National Pension Scheme preferences
- Get a fresh printout of your Permanent Account Retirement Number (PRAN) Card.
- View NPS account details and get period wise transaction statement.
- Withdraw money from your Tier 2 NPS account.
- Download appropriate NPS form from this eNPS website from NSDL.
Corporate National Pension Scheme subscribers can also use the same website http://enps.nsdl.com/ and avail the same benefits as Individual subscribers.
Important Details of NPS
- NPS Website: https://enps.nsdl.com
- National Pension System FAQ’s: https://npscra.nsdl.co.in/all-citizens-faq.php
- NPS Head Office: NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013
- National Pension System Trust Helpline Number: 022-4090-4242
- NPS FAQ’s: https://npscra.nsdl.co.in/all-citizens-faq.php
- National Pension System Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nps.NSDL