About TDS Payment
Tax deducted at source is a method by which the government deducts income tax from the salary of an employee every month. Under the Income Tax Act, Registered companies are bound to deduct tax from the payments made by them. People also recognised it as Tax collected at source. People can receive TDS payment on dividends from securities, sale, and rent of immovable properties and lump sum payment made for hiring professional services. Income Tax Department of India uses the online tax accounting system (OLTAS) for e-payment of direct taxes and online Tax Deduction Source payment.
What is TDS?
TDS stands for “Tax Deduction Source” is a system launched by the department of Income Tax. This system will make the persons who are gaining commission, interest, salary, professional fees, rent etc to pay certain percentage tax i.e., 10% from the actual transactions.
What is TAN?
TAN stands for “Tax Deduction Account Number” is necessary for all the persons who are responsible for collecting/deducting tax which is a 10 digit number. The process of applying for TAN (Tax Deduction Account Number) is very easy and simple which can be done online by filling the 49B form.
Know how to apply for TAN by visiting TIN NSDL official portal: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/form49B.html
In this article, we will guide you on How to Pay TDS Online?
The following are the few simple steps for guidance of Paying Tax Deduction Source Online:
- The taxpayer must have a Net banking account with selected banks to pay the Tax Deduction Source online.
- The first step is you have to choose the appropriate Tax Deduction Source challan before making the e payment.
- Enter the PAN / TAN number from which you want to make the online TDS payment.
- As the next step, you have to fill the TDS challan details, name and address of PAN / TAN card older and the name of the bank to make a TDS payment online.
- Login to the net banking site with user id and password & enter the payment details at the banking site.
- When the payment of online TDS is successful, you will get a unique challan identification number. You can see that on the screen in digital counterfoil. Counterfoil is your proof that you paid TDS online.
Important Details of TDS Payment
- TDS Payment (TIN NSDL) Website: https://www.tin-nsdl.com
- TIN NSDL Head Office: 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling,Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997 /8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.
- TDS Payment Helpline Number: 020 27218080
- TIN NSDL Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NSDLeGovernance
- TIN NSDL Support Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org