Beti Bachao Beti Padhao – बेटी बचाओ बेटी पढ़ाओ
Ever since Independence, Government of India (GOI) sponsored numerous schemes for eliminating the evils of female foeticide and promotes girl child education in India. In the list of PM Modi Schemes, the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme achieved high levels of success. The Indian Government proposed this scheme in the year 2015. Initially, the ambitious programme came in 100 districts with a budget of Rs 100 crores. The Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched 8 Best schemes for the Girl Child to support the poor families in India.
A list of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme benefits
1. Helps in curbing female foeticide and improving child gender ratio in the country.
2. The girl child will get the maturity amount only when she reaches the age of 18. It helps parents to save money for the marriage of their girl child.
3. The government of India guarantees 100% tax saving benefits on the investment under this scheme. Even the Government of India (भारत सरकार) rewards tax-free interest so that people can take the full benefit of this scheme.
Image Source: wcd.nic.in/bbbp-schemes
4. The most commendable strategy is to build girls toilet in all government schools of the country.
5. Special focus on districts with high female foeticide and high dropout rates among girls.
6. Sensing the urgency of awareness in Hindi speaking districts, Government of India brought Beti Bachao Beti Padhao in Hindi. The link to Hindi version is http://pradhanmantri-yogana.in/beti-bachao-beti-padhao-scheme-in-hindi
Eligibility criteria for applying under beti bachao beti padhao scheme
- All girls under the age of 10 years can apply under this scheme.
- It is mandatory to open a bank account in the name of the girl child. They will distribute all the scheme benefits through this bank account.
- NRIs are not allowed to open these special bank accounts according to RBI guidelines.
How to apply under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Programme
This scheme operates through a network of supporting banks in the country. Parents have to approach the nearest supporting bank branch and open a bank account in the name of the girl child. Make sure that you carry the following documents:-
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of Identity for the parent/guardian
- Proof of Address for the parent/guardian
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao form is available on this website.
BBBP Scheme Trainers can do training in 2 modules of English and Hindi languages. Here you can get the links of the training Modules as follows:
बेटी बचाओ बेटी पढ़ाओ योजना Website: http://www.wcd.nic.in/bbbp-schemes
Contact Numbers: 011-23386423
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi