About Punjab State
Punjab State is one among the 29 states of India which is located in the Northern Region and is bordered with Jammu and Kashmir which is located on the north, Himachal Pradesh which is located on the east, Haryana which is located on the south east, Rajasthan which is located on the south west and Punjab Pakistani Province which is located on the west. The capital city is the Chandigarh and Ludhiana is the largest city.
The Population of the state is about 27,704,236 which is the 16th largest state in Indian population and the districts are covering with an area of 50,362 square kilometres (or) 19,445 square miles, which comes 20th on the area basis.
The official and native language of PB state is “Punjabi” (ਪੰਜਾਬ) which is the widely spoken languages in the state.
Formation of PB State
PB state came into existence on 01st Nov of 1966. The High Court of Punjab is the apex judicial body in the state.
Indian State of PB Symbols
The following are the symbols of the State:
|Emblem||Lion Capital of Ashoka with Wheat stem (above) and Crossed Swords (below)|
|Bird||Baaz (Accipiter gentilis)|
Holiday Destinations Designated by PB Tourism and Culture
- In PB there are many historic palaces, sites of battle and the famous PB Sikh architecture with the surrounding region.
- In Amritsar there is a famous temple namely “The Golden Temple” which is the best tourist destination in the state.
- The state culture has various features of music like “Banjara” which is an extensive religious and non religious tradition of dance.
PB wiki illustrates that Chandigarh is the capital of this northern state and Ludhiana is the largest city. The Punjab map consists of 22 districts and the following are the districts of State:
|Sri Muktsar Sahib|
|Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar|
|Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar|
The following are the few Rivers of the state which flows through the PB state:
- Sutlej River
- Beas River
- Ravi River
- Chanab River
- Panjnab River
- Soan River
- Indira Gandhi Canal
- Kali Bein River
- Haro River
- Chakki River
- Bunhar River
- Korang River
- Nala Palkhu River
- Tangri River
Important details of PB State
- PB Official Website: http://punjab.gov.in/
- PB Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PunjabGovtIndia
- Punjab Twitter: https://twitter.com/PunjabGovtIndia
- PB You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCReOVJIcNafsnd64BLqblGw
- Punjab Governor: Sri VP Singh Badnore
- PB Chief Minister: Capt. Amarinder Singh
- Helpline Number: +91-8968593812/13
- PB Support Mail: email@example.com
- PB Contact Details: http://punjab.gov.in/contact-us