Controller Of Certifying Authority (CCA) – प्रमाणन प्राधिकरण के नियंत्रक (सीसीए)
In the last few years, the growing importance of digital signatures has taken the world by storm. Nowadays people treat digital signatures as significantly as handwritten signatures on electronic papers and documents in India. According to Section 18 of the Information Technology Act, Certifying Authorities (CA) came into existence to issue the digital signature certificate to its users. The controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA) is the apex body to monitor the activities of these organizations. The CCA working under the guidelines of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Primary functions of Controller Of Certifying Authority (CCA)
1. controller of Certifying Authorities is the only repository for digital signatures. Certifying Authorities issue this in the country.
2. This registered body promotes E-commerce. They facilitate the use of digital signatures for online transactions.
3. It also acts as a catalyst for the widespread use of e-governance with the help of a digital signature.
CCA Services – सीसीए सेवाएं
The controller of Certifying Authorities works under the instruction of the MeitY and it provides the variety of services listed below. Following are the services of Controller of Certifying Authority. To get more info, visit the official website.
How to get a digital signature – डिजिटल हस्ताक्षर
- The applicant can walk into the offices of any of the licensed Certifying Authorities to fill an application form for the digital signature certificate.
- Applicant needs to provide supporting documents for verification of Identity.
- Electronic KYC verification process is also mandatory under this process.
4. For acquiring a new digital signature in India, the application must contact any one of the Certifying Authorities spread in several major cities of the country.
5. The list of all the Certifying Authorities in this country along with their contact address and help desk numbers is available on this website www.cca.gov.in.
SIFY Safescrypt – high-end digital trust certificate and data security solutions.
CCA licensed a Certifying Authority in India for the 1st time in the year 2000 under section 18 of the Information Technology Act. The name of that authority was SIFY Technologies. Many top organizations in the country like NTPC, BHEL, etc. received SIFY certificate for exceptional data security systems. Safescrypt is now a well-known brand for E-commerce web portals providing digital trust certificates to businesses countrywide.
CCA Website: Click Here
Email id: email@example.com
Controller of Certifying Authorities,
Electronics Niketan, 6 CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110003