Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification (STQC) – मानकीकरण परीक्षण और गुणवत्ता प्रमाणन (एसटीक्यूसी)
Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification (STQC) is a government organization working under the guidelines of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. It is one of the few registered certifying bodies in India responsible for examining products and organizations for the sake of awarding them with globally recognized certifications such as ISO27001:2013, ISO20000:2011, ISO9001:2015, etc. Operational activities of STQC include testing, calibration, training, e-governance, and quality certification of private and public sector enterprises and their products in India.
The role of STQC in the IT sector and the implementation of e-governance policies
In the era of the latest technological advances, biometric devices and morpho devices have become common in almost all leading organizations. Forensic Labs only used biometric devices earlier for the sole purpose of identifying crime suspects. But nowadays we can see biometric devices in almost all spheres of our life like hospitals, colleges, offices, and factories to track attendance and arrival time of the employees. Intending to promote e-Governance, STQC provides testing and certification services for biometric devices under the guidelines of MeitY. This organization also provides audit and testing facilities for morpho devices installed in public as well as private sector organizations.
In the year 1991 STQC became the first Third Party Certification Agency of Indian origin to award QMS certification for the organizations maintaining highest quality standards. Since then STQC certification has become a Hallmark for quality products in the market. Expanding its base in the coming years, STQC started certifying Products /ISMS /ITSM /Website quality / smart card / Biometric devices.
With the aim of decentralizing its reach to various industrial centers in several States, STDC established many Laboratories for providing testing and quality assurance to small and medium scale enterprises. People recognize these laboratories as ETDC, specially designed to offer the following services:-
- For electronic products testing.
- Offering calibration services for the electronics test equipment. The small-scale industries use it.
- Training and Research assistance for the improvement in quality and durability of electronic products. The medium and small-scale industries produce these products.
- Intending to test the environmental conditions like low temperature, salt, humidity, soil erosion, etc.
It would be worth knowing that NABL (National Accreditation Board Limited) recognizes these ETDC’s services in the country.
Locations of ETDC
1. ETDC Bengaluru, Karnataka
2. ETDC Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3. ETDC Hyderabad, Telangana
4. ETDC Pune, Maharashtra
5. ETDC Goa, Goa State
6. ETDC Jaipur, Rajasthan
7. ETDC Mohali, Punjab
8. ETDC Solan, Himachal Pradesh
9. ETDC Guwahati, Assam
10. ETDC Agartala, Tripura
Image Source: economictimes.com
STQC has also established Electronic Regional Test Laboratory (ERTL) in various parts of the country. ERTL centers offer the following facilities:-
- Organising inter-lab comparison as per the guidelines.
- They offer environmental testing along with precision, resistance, and temperature calibration services.
- Improvement in the quality of products as per the customer’s needs
Onsite and offsite testing services for granting EMI /EMC certification.
Locations of ERTL
- ERTL(North) Delhi
- ERTL(East) Kolkata, West Bengal
- ERTL(West ) Mumbai, Maharashtra
- ERTL(South) Thiruvananthapuram
STQC Website: Click Here
6, CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110003