The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology – इलेक्ट्रानिक्स, जानकारी और प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is a crucial part of the Government of India. In 2016 the services of this department were under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. The workload of the department was increasing rapidly. The Government of India decided to separate the two Ministries to release the work pressure and give the quick service to the ordinary people. The head office of this Ministry is in New Delhi, India.
Image Source: meity.gov.in
Some of the organizations which come under the jurisdiction of this MeitY include CCA, Cyber Appellate Tribunal, ICERT, National Informatics center, etc. Media Lab Asia, Digital Locker, Unique Identification Authority of India, National Internet Exchange of India, etc. are some of the companies which work under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
MeitY aims to re-develop the nation and empower the whole society of our country. E-Governance is the thing which we should promote to get the success. The government is encouraging the high growth of the IT industries in last few years, emphasizing on the importance of e-governance, giving importance on the development of the Department of Human Resource, focussing on the accuracy of different digital services, etc. The government is trying to make the cyberspace secured.
Attached Offices of MeitY
- National Informatics Centre ( NIC )
- Standardisation, Testing and Quality Certification ( STQC ) Directorate
MeitY Statutory Organisations
- The controller of Certifying Authorities ( CCA )
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team ( ICERT )
- Unique Identification Authority of India ( UIDAI )
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing ( C-DAC )
- Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology ( C-MET )
- Education & Research in Computer Networking ( ERNET )
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology ( NIELIT – Formerly DOEACC Society )
- Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER)
- Software Technology Parks of India ( STPI )
Section 25 Companies
- National e-Governance in India (NeGD)
- Digital India Corporation( DIC )
- National Informatics Centre Services Inc.( NICSI ) ( PSE under control of NIC )
- National Internet Exchange of India( NIXI )
- .in Registry
Some of the objectives of the Ministry of Information Technology include e-Government, e-Industry, E-innovation, e-learning, e-security, e-inclusion and also internet governance. All the information about this ministry you can get on their official website. The website is www.meity.gov.in.
Divisions of MeitY
Here you can get the list of the Divisions in Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. Follow the list of the Divisions and get an idea about it.