Union Territory of India – भारत के संघ शासित प्रदेश
A Union Territory is an administrative subsidiary in India. Directly the Central Government (Union Government) will rule the states which belong to the union territory of India. Where the Indian states which have their own governments. It has abbreviated as “ UT of India ”
History of UT of India
In the First Place, Andaman and Nicobar Island are only one UT when Constitution of India was adopted in the year 1949. The other states including Chandigarh, Delhi NCT and Lakshadweep were formed from pre-existing states by separating the territory. The Indian Parliament can pass a judicial law in order to modify the Indian Constitution in order to provide a legislature with members who elected along with Chief Minister for a UT which made changes to Puducherry and Delhi. The Indian President will appoint by lieutenant-governor (or) an administrator for each Union Territory
The Puducherry, as well as Delhi, performs quietly differently when compared to the other union territories like they both have their own legislative assemblies along with the executive council ministers with partial state – like function. Both the states of Delhi and Puducherry have their own capital district, capital state, the capital city along with Delhi which has functioned as NCT (National Capital Territory of Delhi) & included into a larger boundary which is known as NCR (National Capital Region).
List of Union Territories – केंद्र शासित प्रदेशों की सूची
The Union Territories of India are of seven and following are the UT’s of India:
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- National Capital Territory of Delhi
Status of Constitution
- According to Article – 01 (1) of the constitution of India shows that India Union of States which has expanded under part – 05 (UT’s) / 06 (The States).
- According to Article – 01 (3) says that Indian territories represent union territories, state territories along with the obtained territories.
- The UT concept was not present at the time of the beginning in the Indian constitution and it existed under the state reorganization act in the year 1956.
Important Details of India
- India Official Website: https://www.india.gov.in
- Prime Minister of India: Sri Narendra Modi
- Facebook of India: https://www.facebook.com/NationalPortalIndia
- India Twitter: https://twitter.com/indiagovin
- Support Mail of India: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Governor of India: Sri Raghuram Rajan
- President of India: Sri Ram Nath Kovind