National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) – भारत का राष्ट्रीय इंटरनेट एक्सचेंज
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) came into existence on June 19, 2003, as a non-profit organization. It is a corporate body established with the primary objective of coordinating domestic internet traffic among the Internet Service Providers (ISP) in the country. It was the first ever neutral internet exchange formed for routing the internet traffic within India, which was going away to the US and other countries. In the year 2005, NIXI got the additional responsibility of managing the .in registry. This registry is solely responsible for providing .in domain name to website owners of this country. It works and does its operations under The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY)
List of some vital functions performed by National Internet Exchange of India
- It also manages the .in registry which is responsible for providing .in domain to Indian website owners.
- Measurement of user traffic for connected networks and Internet Service Providers.
- Connectivity services based on IPv4 and IPv6 technology
- Being the only neutral Internet exchange of the country, it also performs Internet governance activities.
- Meeting point for all the Internet service providers and resolves Internet traffic based disputes among them.
National Internet Exchange India Services
NIXI is India’s first neutral exchange operation. Here, you can get the required information about the National Internat Exchange of India. To get the info on these services, visit the official website.
|NOC – Locations||Tenders|
|Connected Networks||Useful Links|
|Routing & Tariff Policy||Non-Compliant ISPs|
|Join NIXI||RTI Act 2005|
|MRTG Statistics||Public Grievance|
Few renowned ISPs in the connected networks list of NIXI
- Delhi based Internet service provider Nextra is a prominent member.
- Mumbai based Class A ISP Tikona Infinite Limited simply known as Tikona.
- Excellmedia renowned for its coaxial fiber network and headquartered in Hyderabad.
- India’s largest internet service provider Reliance Jio Infocomm is the largest Indian ISP in the list of connected networks.
- The government of India owned ISP Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited.
Bharti Airtel offers Internet services to web users all around the country.
NIXI Website: Click Here
Phone Number: +91-11-48202000
Fax Number: +91-11-48202013
Email Id: email@example.com
c/o National Internet Exchange of India,
6C, 6D, 6E, Hansalaya Building 15,