MOHUA – आवासन और शहरी कार्य मंत्रालय
Previously people used to know it as Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation is a part of Union Government Ministries of India. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) came into existence in the year 1952 intending to regulate the housing and urban development programmes in India. Its headquarters are in Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi. Mr. Hardeep Singh Puri is currently serving as the Minister In-charge. They merged two related ministries, MOUD and MOHUPA, in the year 2017 under Shri Venkaiah Naidu, who later went to become the Vice President of India. The official website for the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is http://mohua.gov.in.
The government of India Schemes and Programmes
The List of Government of India schemes and Programmes can be updated here. Follow the links and get more info about the schemes:
- Urban Transport
- Smart Cities in India
- Rajiv Awas Yojana
- Directorate of Estates
- NERUDP – North Eastern Region Urban Development Programme
- AMRUT – Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Swachh Bharat Mission: Here you can get the list of Swatchh Bharat Schemes
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
- Scheme for Satellite Towns around seven megacities
- Lumpsum Provision scheme for the benefit of NER including Sikkim
- Credit Risk Guarantee Fund
- Socio-Economic and Caste Census
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana National Urban Livelihoods Mission NULM
- Old Schemes List
The ministry plays a glimpse of the role in the field of Housing, Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation in this country.
- Most ambitious missions undertaken by this Ministry of Urban Development is planning to build 100 technologically Smart Cities in India.
- It also issues National rankings on the cleanest cities of India.
- The Mouha formulates the various legal acts and rules related to rent control, the occupation of public premises, real estate and acquisition of immovable property.
- The website also provides complete information on the urban development and poverty alleviation schemes launched by the government from time to time.
Ministry of Urban Development released eBook with the list of schemes launched by the Government of India. There you can also get the complete information about the PM Modi schemes and Programmes list. To get the eBook, visit the website
The Urban development authority also released 2 eBooks. One is for the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation and another one is for success stories of the Urban Livelihoods Mission. visit the website for more details.
Some of the popular housing schemes launched by the Ministry of Urban Development in recent past.
- The scheme Housing for All by 2022 and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) which aims to revive urban areas by renovating their old outdated infrastructure. Earlier JNNURM scheme was taking care of the modernization projects of Indian cities.
- Its specialized wing, Central Public Health and Environmental Engineering Organisation (CPHEEO) regulate several micro plans for effective maintenance of sewage networks and eco-friendly urban development projects.
- National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) came into existence on 21 January 2015 intending to save the world famous heritage sites in India.
Organizations of MOUHA
The details of the MOUHA Organizations can find here. The list is defined with subordinate offices, attached offices, PSUs, CPHEEO and more. Click on the below link and get the detailed info about the Organizations of MOUHA has listed here.
- Subordinate Offices
- Attached Offices
- Statutory and Autonomous Bodies
- Central Public Works Department – CPWD
- Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Urban Development
- Directorate of Printing
- Land and Development Office, Ministry of Urban Development
- NBO – National Building Organisation
- Principal Accounts Office (PAO), Ministry of Urban Development
- Department of Publication
- The government of India Stationery Office, Kolkata, West Bengal
Divisions, Units, and Wings
- Central Public Health and Environmental Engineering Organisation (CPHEEO)
- Urban Transport Division, Ministry of Urban Development
Commissions, Committees, and Missions
- National, Urban, Livelihoods, Mission, NULM
Apex, Autonomous Bodies, and Organisations
- National Cooperative Housing Federation of India (NCHFI)
- NIUA – National Institute of Urban Affairs
Autonomous and Apex Institutions
- Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC)
- CGEWHO – Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation
- Centre for Environment and Development, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
PSUs and Joint Ventures
- Hindustan Prefab Limited, New Delhi
- HUDCO – Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited
- National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC)
- DUAC – Delhi Urban Art Commission
- NCRPB – National Capital Region Planning Board
Regional and Field Offices
- Central Public Works Department South Zone
- CPWD, North Eastern Zone
Here, you can get the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Tenders, Corrigendum details and Award of Contracts information.