Ministry of Ayush – आयुष मंत्रालय
The Ministry of Ayush is a part of Union Government Ministries which is famous for its health care services in India. It came into existence in the year 2014. Earlier the name of the department was Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy. The ministry was responsible for the propagation and development of this type of treatment and health care.
In 2003 they renamed the department again, and this time the name of this department was Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. The primary aim of the department was to develop the education system and research in the other fields like yoga, homeopathy or Ayurveda.
|Drugs & Pharmaceuticals||Schemes|
|Acts, Rules, and Notifications||Tenders / Vacancies|
The Ayush University offers different courses on Yoga and Naturopathy. Earlier they used to offer diploma courses, but now they are offering 5years degree courses also. The course includes the 1-year study of the preclinical subjects, 1-year study of the para-clinical subjects, then on the 3rd and fourth year they complete the clinical subjects, and after that, they have to complete the 1-year internship.
Get the information on Ayurveda Day along with the International Yoga Day. These come under the Ministry of Ayush department.
- Ayurveda Day
- International Yoga Day
In recent days students are very much attracted to the new branches of studies. This particular branch of education is developing a lot. Now almost 1903 naturopaths are there in our country. The department of Ayush also organizes training programmes for the international students.
Autonomous and Apex Institutions
- Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN), New Delhi
- Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory (HPL), Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY)
- National Institute of Ayurveda
- National Institute of Homoeopathy (NIH)
- NIN – National Institute of Naturopathy
- National Institute of Unani Medicine (NIUM), Bangalore, Karnataka
- North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy (NEIAH), Shillong, Meghalaya
- NEIFM – North Eastern Institute of Folk Medicine
PSUs and Joint Ventures
- Indian Medicines Pharmaceutical Corporation Limited – IMPCL
- National Medicinal Plants Board – NMPB
Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
- International Day of Yoga, June 21
Academies and Institutions
- Central Research Institute for Siddha, Tamil Nadu
- Gopabandhu Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Puri, Odisha
- Institute of Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda
- NIS – National Institute of Siddha
- National Research Institute of Basic Ayurvedic Sciences (NRIBAS), Pune, Maharashtra
Citizen Services of AYUSH
The department of Ayush is continuously researching on different fields of studies. They have four separate research council to deal with the issues. The government of India sponsors these researches.
The research of Ayurveda is getting done through 30 institutes located in the different parts of our country. Other than these institutes many organizations are also connected with this system and work under the Ministry of Ayush. The main of them is to prepare medicines at a little cost. They are also conducting different awareness programmes like Swasthya Rakshan Programme for the benefit of the ordinary people.
Common Yoga Protocol
Ministry of Ayush website: http://ayush.gov.in
Contact Number: 1800 11 2202
Email Id: email@example.com
Ministry of Ayush
Ayush Bhawan, B Block,
GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi – 110023