Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) – सूचना एवं प्रसारण मंत्रालय
The Government of India’s branch, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, is an apex body which is responsible for the administration and formulation of different rules and regulations. People also recognize this department as MIB. It also controls the laws related to broadcasting, information, films and the press in India. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting department’s head is the Information and Broadcasting Minister. Various Cabinet Ministers take this responsibility.
It also has various other responsibilities. This Ministry administrates Prasar Bharati. The government of India’s broadcasting arm is Prasar Bharati. The Central Board of Film Certification is another crucial functionary that comes under the Ministry of I&B. This Board is accountable for the management of the broadcasting of motion pictures in India.
Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
List of schemes, missions, and programmes from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Get the more information about the MIB here.
- Broadcast Seva Portal by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- e – Filing Services, Registrar of Newspaper for India
- Employment News
- Registrar of Newspapers for India – RNI – Title Verification for Publications
- Yojana Magazine
MIB Attached Offices
- Central Board of Film Certification – CBFC, Chennai, Tamil Nadu State
- Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity – DAVP
- DFP – Directorate of Field Publicity
- Directorate of Film Festivals
- Electronic Media Monitoring Center – EMMC, (MIB)
- Films Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- National Film Archive of India – NFAI
- Press Information Bureau – PIB
- Publications Division, (MIB)
- Registrar of Newspapers for India – RNI
Subordinate Offices of MIB
- Photo Division
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting Responsibilities
- News Services. It provides these services with the help of Doordarshan or DD and All India Radio or AIR.
- Developing the television and broadcasting
- Promoting the film Industry
- Films export and import
- Organizing film festivals for different purposes
- International co-operation in the sector of mass media and information.
- This ministry is also the Directorate of Advertising and visual publicity or DAVP.
- The Government of India comes with various policies. It handles the press relations, presents these policies and collects feedback for these policies.
- This ministry also disseminates the information about our country, India outside the country as well as within the country. It publishes those matters which have national importance.
- It conducts various researches and training to support the media units related to this Ministry so that they can successfully handle their responsibilities.
Apart from that, it has various other important responsibilities. If you want to know more about the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, you can visit the official website http://www.mib.gov.in/.
MIB Website: http://www.mib.gov.in
Phone Number: 2307 3775
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room No: 552, A-Wing Shastri Bhawan,
New Delhi – 110001,