Ministry of Personnel and Public Grievances and Pensions – कार्मिक लोक शिकायत और पेंशन मंत्रालय
This ministry came into existence in 1970. This ministry is primarily concerned with the issues like career development, recruitment, training, the welfare of the staffs, etc. It also handles the pension plans in India. The type of administration they are maintaining is very modern. They have their own business rule according to work. The head of this Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and pensions is our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The ministers of state assist him in any issue. Get more about the Ministry of Personnel and Public Grievances and Pensions from here.
This ministry handles massive work and to run these works smoothly without any hassle they have divided it into three departments. The names of the departments are the Department of Personnel as well as raining, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and the third one is Department of Pensions and Pensioner’s Welfare.
Department of Personnel and Training
DOPT is such a department which controls the works of some of the organizations which include Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Staff Selection Commission, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Bureau of Investigation, Central Vigilance Commission and also many more. All these organizations are big enough, and also they are dealing with several issues.
- Central Bureau of Investigation – CBI
- Staff Selection Commission – SSC
- Indian Institute of Public Administration – IIPA
- Institute of Secretariat Training and Management – ISTM
- Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration – LBSNAA
- Central Secretariat Service Officers – CSS – Annual Performance Appraisal Report – APAR Monitoring System
- Central Staffing Scheme, Department of Personnel and Training
- Circular Management Information System
- e-Application System for Board Level Posts, Public Enterprises Selection Board – PESB
- Intensive Training Programme Portal, DoPT, Government of India (GOI)
- National Symposium on Excellence in Training – NSET
- Recruitment Rules Formulation, Amendment and Monitoring System, Department of Personnel and Training
- RTI applications/ First Appeals to Central Government Organisations – RTI Online
- Grih Kalyan Kendra
- Public Enterprises Selection Board – PESB
- Central Information Commission – CIC
- Central Vigilance Commission – CVC
- Staff Selection Commission – SSC, North Western Region, Chandigarh
- Staff Selection Commission – SSC, Southern Region
- SSC – Staff Selection Commission, Western Region – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Staff Selection Commission – SSC, Northern Region
- Staff Selection Commission – SSC, Madhya Pradesh Sub Region
- SSC – Staff Selection Commission, Central Region
- Staff Selection Commission, Regional Office – NER, Guwahati, Assam
- Staff Selection Commission – SSC, Eastern Region, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Haryana Staff Selection Commission – Haryana
- The network of Public Service Training Institutions
Department of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare
The ministry is very much concerned about the welfare of its employees as well as their families too. Not only the current employees, but they are also concerned for the retired employees and also heir families. To look after the welfare of the employees, they have kept a separate department named Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare. This policy of this ministry comes under the CCS pension Rules 1972.
- Pensioners’ Portal – eGovernance Initiative of Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare, Government of India
Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG)
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances aims to maintain the excellence in the governance. They improvise the structure and some of the processes related to the general provident fund of the government. They take a few initiatives which are citizen friendly to avoid any public grievances. This department has a connection with many agencies.
- Citizens Charters in Government of India (भारत सरकार)
- Governance Knowledge Centre
- A Centralised Public Grievances Redressal and Monitoring System, Mizoram – MIPUI AW
- National Conference on e-Governance
- Online Public Grievance Lodging and Monitoring System – OPGLMS
This ministry works after consulting with the other ministries connected to it. It aims to reform the administrative structure for the improvement of the functioning of the government. The technique of work of this ministry is contemporary. They have introduced new schemes like award schemes to encourage people to work more, citizen’s charter and also e-governance to reach the people directly. They have also proposed new GPF rules for the benefit of the employees. This one is undoubtedly an excellent service and also the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensioners provide this service.
Ministry of Personnel and Public Grievances and Pension Website: http://persmin.nic.in
DOPT Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DOPTNewDelhi
Updated on 12/11/2018