Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas India – पेट्रोलियम एवं प्राकृतिक गैस मंत्रालय भारत सरकार
This ministry is a part of the Government of India (GOI). This ministry handles all the activities related to Petroleum and natural gas in India. Production of different petroleum products, refining, marketing, export and import of the products, conservation of natural gas and other products are the responsibility of this ministry. The petroleum minister of India is Shri Dharmendra Pradhan. He is a cabinet minister. The secretary of this ministry is Shri K. D Tripathi. Get more about the MOPNG from here.
Along with the production, refining, distributing and marketing of the Petroleum products, this MOPNG is also responsible for any exploration and exploitation of these products and natural gas. This ministry does all the planning related to the development of the issues in the oilfield.
Divisions, Units, and Wings
- Centre for High Technology – CHT, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Directorate General of Hydrocarbons – DGH, Noida
- Oil Industry Safety Directorate – OISD
- Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell – PPAC
Autonomous and Apex Institutions
- The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology – RGIPT, Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh
- Petroleum Conservation Research Association – PCRA
This ministry also has a connection with many other companies and public sectors. Some of the public sector undertakings on which the ministry of petroleum has full control are Bharat Petroleum Limited, Oil India Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Engineers India Limited, Gas Authority of India and many more.
Image Source: petroleum.nic.in
PSUs and Joint Ventures of MOPNG
- Balmer Lawrie and Company Limited
- Balmer Lawrie Investments Limited, Kolkata, West Bengal
- BPCL – Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Biecco Lawrie Limited
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited – CPCL
- CREDA – HPCL Biofuel Limited, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Engineers India Limited – EIL
- GAIL Limited – India
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited – HPCL
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited – IOCL
- Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited
- ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- Oil India Limited – OIL, Noida
- Oil Industry Development Board – OIDB, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board – PNGRB, New Delhi
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has established an institute named Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology. The government of India (भारत सरकार) funds this institute. This institute gives management and also technical training in the industry of petroleum. It came into existence in 2008. It is a research institute which is trying to minimize the cost of the products and also inventing new products which will be eco-friendly. The institute has 4 campuses in all over India. The names of the campuses are Jais Campus, Noida Campus, Assam Campus and Bangalore Campus.
MOPNG Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
- Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG consumer – DBTL
- My LPG.in – Join PAHAL – DBTL and avail regular LPG Services Online
Some controversies are also there, but this ministry is doing a great job. The innovation they are introducing in the field of natural gas is remarkable. This ministry has introduced a remarkable scheme named the Pahal Scheme which has helped the neglected part of the society a lot. It came into existence in 2013 for the first time. This scheme has been running successfully in almost 291 districts of India States. You can see all the details of this ministry in their official website. The website is www.petroleum.nic.in. The head office of this ministry is in New Delhi.
MOPNG Website: http://petroleum.nic.in
Contact Number: 011-23387404
Fax Number: 011-23383100
Email Id: email@example.com
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
New Delhi – 110001.