Ministry of Tribal Affairs – जनजातीय कार्य मंत्रालय
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs came into existence in the year 1999 in India. The Government of India (भारत सरकार) divided the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment into two parts to focus on the welfare and development of the STs or the Scheduled Tribes more precisely. STs are the most deprived Indian society, and they want to focus on this society in a planned manner and in a more coordinated way. Previously different Ministries handle this particular issue. Later on, the Government formed this Ministry to handle only tribal affairs.
This nodal Ministry handles the policy, programmes and different planning related to the development of the Scheduled Tribes. The secretary of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs is Anoop Kumar Srivastava. He is 1981 batch IAS officer. Before that, he was a Special Duty Officer in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. Here, you can get the Tribes of Rajasthan State.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs schemes
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has launched various schemes for the development of the STs.
- The Government of India (Bharat Sarkar) has launched a scheme to strengthen the education of ST girls.
- This Ministry of Scheduled Tribes has launched various vocational training centers for them.
- Various scholarship programmes are available for the ST students.
- Indian Government has a scheme for the marketing development of the products that the STs produce.
- The Government focuses on the Tribal research institute and provide grants to them.
- A particular scheme is available for the development of the merits of ST students.
- GOI (Government of India) offers Overseas Scholarships to the ST students.
Apart from that various Ministry of Tribal Affairs schemes is available for the development of the Scheduled Tribes. You can visit the official website, https://tribal.gov.in to know more about it.
Commissions, Committees, and Missions
PSUs and Joint Ventures
- NSTFDC – National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation
Ministry of Tribal Affairs Website: https://tribal.gov.in
Contact Number: 23382254, 23382239
Email Id: email@example.com