Department of Atomic Energy in India (DAE) – परमाणु ऊर्जा विभाग
The Department of Atomic Energy is a department in India that is directly under the Indian Prime Minister. Atomic Entergy Department is accountable for the developmental programs to ensure the development of India’s nuclear power technology. In applications of technologies in the fields of medicine, industry, agriculture, and research as well. Its headquarters are in Maharashtra capital, Mumbai. Here, you can get detailed information about the DAE in India.
Dept. of AE has five research centers, five public sectors, three industrial centers and also three service organizations. Two boards are under the administration of the Department of Atomic Energy. These boards promote as well as fund extramural research in mathematics, nuclear and also allied fields. It also provides support to eight institutes of global repute that are dealing with research in streams. The streams like astronomy, basic sciences, cancer research, astrophysics, and education. DAE also has an educational society under its administration. This educational society offers educational facilities to the children of the Department of Atomic Energy’s employees.
The List of Department of Atomic Entergy Offices can define here. Get the details information about the autonomous and apex institutions along with the Boards, Commissions and more of the Atomic Energy department.
- Atomic Minerals Directorate (AMD)
- Directorate of Construction, Services and Estate Management (DCSEM)
- Directorate of Purchase and Stores
Autonomous and Apex Institutions
- Atomic Energy Central School, Narwapahar, Jharkhand
- Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES)
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR)
- IMSc – Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Institute of Physics (IOP), Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Kolkatta, West Bengal
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
- Tata Memorial Centre (Hospital) (TMC)
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC)
Boards and Undertakings
- Nuclear Fuel Complex
Commissions, Committees, and Missions
- Indian Atomic Industrial Forum (IAIF)
Regional and Field Offices
- National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Divisions, Units, and Wings
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership (GCNEP)
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), TIFR, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- School of Technology and Computer Science, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
- TIFR Centre For Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore, Karnataka
Important programs of the Department of Atomic Energy
DAE’s essential programs focus on various things:
- It focuses on increasing the proportion of nuclear power in the India Nuclear Power It deploys native and other technologies and also develops fast breeder reactors and thorium-based reactors.
- Development of advanced technologies like accelerators, robotics, supercomputers, lasers and even areas linked to strategic materials, Fusion research, instrumentation, strategic materials. They encourage the use of technology in the industry.
- Operating and building research reactors for producing radioisotopes, creating other sources like lasers and accelerators for radiation, and deploying and developing an application of radiation technology in the areas of medicine, industry, basic research and agriculture.
- Supporting research works that take place in any nuclear power plant in India as well as in related fields like science. It also interacts with academic institutions and universities, supports developmental and research projects that have a bearing on the programmes of DAE, and encourages global cooperation in advanced regions of research along with the contribution to the country’s national security.
The apex board of the Department of Atomic Energy is the Atomic Energy Commission or AEC.
Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
Get the detailed information on the list of the Atomic Entergy Schemes here. These schemes help to researches and more.
- Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC), Tata Memorial Centre
- eProcurement Portal – Department of Atomic Energy, India
- Indian Lattice Gauge Theory Initiative, TIFR, Mumbai
- National Photonics Fellowship of India
Department of Atomic Energy Recruitment
The Department of Atomic Energy invites interested and eligible candidates for various posts. If you want to know in detail about the Department of Atomic Energy Recruitment, visit the official website of DAE which is http://www.dae.nic.in. The mode of application is online, and you can also get the admit card online.
PSUs and Joint Ventures
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB)
- Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI)
- Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT)
- Heavy Water Board (HWB)
- Indian Rare Earths Limited
- National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Mumbai
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Uranium Corporation of India Limited (UCIL)
Academies and Institutions
- 4 – Atomic Energy Central School, Mumbai
- 6 – Atomic Energy Central School, Mumbai
- Atomic Energy Central School, Anupuram. Tamil Nadu
- I – Atomic Energy Central School, Jaduguda, Jharkhand
- 1 – Atomic Energy Central School and Junior College, Tarapur, Thane, Maharashtra
- 2 – Atomic Energy Central School, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai
- No – 2 Atomic Energy Central School, Rawatbhata, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan
- 2 – Atomic Energy Central School, Tarapur, Maharashtra
- 3 – Atomic Energy Central School, Mumbai
- 4 – Atomic Energy Central School, Rawatbhata, Rajasthan
- Atomic Energy Central School, Turamdih, Jharkhand
- AEJC – Atomic Energy Junior College, Mumbai
- Department of Theoretical Physics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE)
- Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
Department of Atomic Energy Website: http://www.deptae.nic.in
Contact Number: 022-22022543
Mumbai – 400001,