Jantar Mantar Jaipur – जंतर मंतर जयपुर
Jantar Mantar is a historic monument of Jaipur this make a very popular historical heritage in Rajasthan. It constructed by Rajput King Sawai Jai Singh and its construction completed in 1738 in Jaipur, India. It is the world’s biggest stone wall block. Jantar Mantar Jaipur also included in the UNESCO World Heritage site. The light and sound show at Jantar Mantar is very attractive. The bright colors of a scientific instrument are really very beautiful and appreciable.
Jantar Mantar Jaipur History
This monument is situated near the City Palace and the Hawa Mahal of Jaipur city. In the 18th century, Sawai Jai Singh constructed five Jantar Mantar in New Delhi, Jaipur, Varanasi, Ujjain, and Mathura. In Jaipur, Nearly 23 no.of Astronomers employed. Due to the shifting of the political climate, the Pink City Jaipur replaced Delhi as Jai Singh’s major observatory until his death in 1743.
Due to the succession war between Isvari Singh and his brother observatory lost its support. Later, Mado Singh supported the observatory. He is the successor of Isvari Singh. Pratap Singh turned the observatory site into a gun factory.
Interesting facts about Jantar Mantar
1. There is a combined ticket from Jantar Mantar Jaipur, from which you can go to Hawa Mahal, Nahargarh Fort, Amber Fort and Albert Hall Museum.
2. Jaipur Jantar Mantar considered being the largest.
3. Jantar Mantar means “instrument of measuring the harmony of Heavens”.
4. Jantar is one of the five observations made by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, one of whom is also in Delhi.
5. The afternoon is the best time to see the full natural beauty of Jantar Mantar Jaipur.6. Jantar Mantar also included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
7. Jantar Mantar of Jaipur has 14 architectural astronomical instruments.
8. Jaipur Jantar Mantar built between the city Palace and the Hawa Mahal in the old city.
9. By paying more fees, you can get knowledge and help in Jantar Mantar in Jaipur.
10. Just like Jantar Mantar Jaipur, Delhi’s Jantar Mantar has remained.
Jaipur Tourism Services
The Rajasthan government providing the bus services through the RSRTC. Where you can perform the RSRTC Online BUS Booking. You can also find the Tourism services through the RTDC. Get the Accommodation details list in the RTDC Hotels and more information.
Location: It is located at the heart of the city (Jaipur) and walking distance from City Palace.
Famous for: monuments, history, culture.
Entrance fee: Rs 50 per person for Indians and Rs 200 for foreign visitors
Visiting Time: every day 9 AM -5 PM
Visit Duration: 30-45 minutes
Best time to visit: visiting during mid-day is advisable. The sun will right above your Head so that you can understand how the readings are taken for each instrument.
Jaipur Website: http://tourism.rajasthan.gov.in/jaipur.html
Jantar Mantar Jaipur Contact Number: 0141-5155100,5110593
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paryatan Bhawan, Khasa Kothi Hotel Campus,