URSC ISAC, U. R. Rao Satellite Centre – यू.आर.एस.सी. आईज़ेक, यू.आर.राव उपग्रह केंद्र
The U. R. Rao Satellite Centre is the principal center of the Indian Space Research Organization that is accountable for designing, developing, fabricating as well as testing all the satellites in India. The abbreviated form of UR Rao Satellite Centre is URSC ISAC. It works under the governance of the Department of Space.
Located in the state of Karnataka, URSC is one of the leading centers of ISRO. Among its recent achievements we need to mention that it has successfully launched 100 satellites, including the IRS series, the INSAT series and also the GSAT satellites that are the most crucial communication satellites. At present, the director of the U. R. Rao Satellite Centre is Mylswamy Annadurai.
Organizations that the ISAC Bangalore monitors are:
- The ISRO Satellite Integration and Testing Establishment or ISITE
- The Laboratory for Electro-Optics Systems or LEOS
The earlier name of U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC)
The Union Government of India (भारत सरकार) established the URSC in the year 1972 as a part of ISSP (Indian Scientific Satellite Project) in Bengaluru’s Peenya Industrial Estates. The former name of U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC) was ISRO Satellite Centre, that is, ISAC (आईज़ेक). It has acquired its new name from the founding Director of ISA-C, Dr. Udupi Ramachandra Rao. It is commonly referred to as the U. R. Rao Satellite Centre since the year 2018, from 2nd April.
DoS Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Bhuvan – Gateway of Indian Earth Observation
- Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre – LPSC, Indian Space Research Organisation – ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- MOSDAC – Meteorological and Oceanographic Satellite Data Archival Centre, ISRO
- NRSC – National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad, Telangana
- SAC – Space Applications Centre
- VSSC – Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram, Tamil Nadu
- VEDAS – Visualization of Earth Observation Data and Archival System, Space Applications Centre (SAC)
- SDSC SHAR – Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Andhra Pradesh
Organization of U. R. Rao Satellite Centre
Like other centers of ISRO, ISRO has organized ISAC under Matrix Management Structure. ISRO ISAC has several Functional Areas such as Control and Mission Area, Mechanical Systems Area, Electronic Systems Area, Reliability and Components Area and several others. Each Area has several groups. For example, Flight Dynamics Group and Control Systems Group are parts of the Control and Mission Area. Groups again have divisions. Apart from these, projects like SATNAV, INSAT, IRS, etc. are also there.
ISAC Recruitment – आईज़ेक
If you want to serve URSC/ISAC, you need to pass the ISRO entrance exam. You have to visit the official website which is https://www.isac.gov.in to know in detail about URSC posts and recruitment process and exam dates.
URSC Website: Click Here
Phone Number: +91-80-25084383
Fax Number: +91-80-25084477
Email Id: email@example.com
Old Airport Way, Vimanapura PO,
Bangalore – 560017,