Income Tax eFiling
According to the Income Tax Act, 1961, section 139 (1), if any person’s total income exceeds the maximum amount in the Financial Year, then he or she is not liable to tax in India. They have to file ITR or Income Tax Return each year. The ITD works under the Ministry of Finance. Get more information about the Income Tax eFiling from here.
The Department of Income Tax eFiling has categorized the taxpayers of the e-Tax payment into different parts. They divide them by their sources of income and various other factors. If your income doesn’t depend on any profession or business, then you have to fill up the form no ITR-2. Let’s check out who should fill ITR-2.
- If your income depends on Salary or Pension
- If your income depends on Capital Gains like mutual funds and stocks, property, FD, Interest, etc
- your income depends on House Property
- If your income depends on Foreign Assets
- If you have an Agricultural income above 5000
- you have any other sources of income including bets, winning the lottery or any other income from gambling.
- This form is for Non-residents and Ordinary Residents and Residents
Get introduced to Form 16
This particular form is for those who get a salary at the month end. If you are a salaried person, you have to fill up Form No 16 for your Income Tax Return. But Form 16 is not mandatory always.
If the income id Non-taxable
If you deduct TDS from your salary, you require filling up Form 16 as TDS certificate is available there. You can even get Form 16 without TDS (Tax Deducted at Source). It basically a certificate that certifies a particular employer deducts TDS from his salary.
Which ITR should you file if you are a salaried person?
‘Form ITR-1 SAHAJ’ is available for those who are not ordinary residents and who get their earnings from salaries, interest, house property, etc. Their total Income Tax eFiling should not exceed 50 lakhs.
How to do e-file after changing the job?
Form 16 consists of the total amount that is basic salary and additional allowances. It also shows the tax deducted in the last financial year. It helps the employee to file ITR.
But if you have switched job more than one time, then you must have more than one From no 16. Then you have to prepare a revised Income Tax eFiling statement and tax liability because they will make the tax computation after considering all your forms.
If you just have one Form no 16
You can still file the ITR.
- At first, prepare the details of salary, payslips and TDS deduction.
- Then aggregate your total income.
- Next, deduct the perquisites and allowances.
- You can claim the deductions under 80G, 80C, 80D, etc. After calculating the tax liability, deduct the TDS that is available in Form no 16.
- You can cross check the TDS amount deduction with the help of Form 26AS. But the tax shouldn’t be due.
The procedure of filling ITR for Foreign Assets, Foreign Income (Onsite deputation), NRI
If you are an Indian and you have global income, then you have to pay tax for your income. Global Income means you earn money from outside India, any other country. In that case, you can simply take the benefit of Double Tax Avoidance Agreement or DTAA. If the highest exclusion is $100,800, then it’s tax-free. It was the rule of 2015. Get to know about the Rules and Regulations of NRI Taxation from the Income Tax eFiling department and also know the categories of taxation.
You can submit the ITR or Income Tax Return online easily. You just have to follow these simple steps.
- At first, you have to log in to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and register yourself there to file ITR or Income Tax Return.
- After registering, you have to provide your PAN card no, name, date of birth.
- Next, you can choose your desired password.
E-filing depends on you
There are two procedures of Income Tax e-filing or IT Return.
- If you want to fill the form offline, at first, you can simply visit the download option and select your desired form.
Image Source: blog.allindiaitr.com
- Then download it and save the form on the desktop of your computer.
- Next, you can take a print out and fill the form offline.
- You have to select an option called ‘Generate XML’ after filling all the required details.
- Then log in to the website again and select the option ‘Upload XML.’
- Next, select the XML file from the desktop of your computer or laptop and hit the Submit button.
- The second procedure is the online procedure. You just have to click on the e-file option and fill the required details.
Which form you need to select
ITR-1 – This particular form is for those who earn a pension, salary or who have an income source from their property or different other modes except lottery.
ITR-2 – This particular form is for those who have capital gains. This form is also for those who own more than one house but do not have any capital gain.
4S and ITR-3, ITR-4: This form is for both business owners and professionals.
The procedure of verifying ITR-V
You’ll receive an acknowledgment number after submitting the ITR form. It’s an auto-generated number. If you submitted the digital signature while filling up the form, this number is crucial for you. So, don’t forget to save it. However, if you didn’t submit any signature, they will send you an ITR-V to your registered email.
ITR-V verification is a crucial part of e-filling as the procedure is incomplete until they do the audit.
Income Tax eFiling Website: https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
General Enquiry Number: 18001801961 / 1961
Form 16, Tax Credits Info: 1800 103 0344 / +91-120-4814600
PAN and TAN related Info Contact Number: +91-20-27218080 / +91-20-25658300